• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham are in talks with Manchester City over a move for striker Emmanuel Adebayor, Spurs manager Harry Redknapp confirms.

More...

Im guessing if he did go Man City would have to pay probably £100,000 of his wages still so why give your rivals a decent player for not much in return. Loan him to a foreign club that way it will not come back to bite them.

Was reading somewhere the key would be Man City having to pay £100,000 of his wages though. Must have worked something out

^ ^
Zooooooooommed

Im guessing if he did go Man City would have to pay probably £100,000 of his wages still so why give your rivals a decent player for not much in return. Loan him to a foreign club that way it will not come back to bite them.

Well considering most "foreign" clubs interested in Adebayor would be in Europe (realistically - he'll want CL football) - it's fairly lose-lose situation. They want to get rid of him, but his excessive wages mean it'll be difficult.

Tbh there losing big stars but gain deacent ones sold robbie and peter and who knows where defoe future lies

I can see him doing very well at Spurs. They need quality striker, no matter what anyone thinks Ade was quality striker. Yes he was poor for a season but when he signed for Madrid he worked his socks off. He just needs new club to be back to his best.

With Bale, VDV, Modric, lennon feeding him I can see him scoring a lot..

If he is going to bang in some goals, I wouldn't mind he was once an Arsenal player.

I'd welcome the move, provided that we're not paying more than around £40,000 per week of his wages. That said, I think it'll be closer to £50,000 per week from us, and £100,000 per week from City, which is a shame as it then makes him a higher earner than Modric at our club.

Still, hopefully this doesn't end our chase for other strikers. There are many others I'd favour ahead of Adebayor.

Wonder if Spurs fans will keep singing the same Adebayor song they sang when he was at Arsenal.

My uncle is a Spurs fan and he taught it me. I would imagine it is slightly inappropriate to post on here though.

Back