Spurs Seeded For the Champions League Qualifiers?

How on earth did they get seeded which so little European experience? Just ******** on the little guy from Andorra who had to win their league just to get he chance to play 15 qualifying rounds travelling on a bus that was used to transport British teenagers in the 80's! You bastards!

Just because we lack Champion's League experience, doesn't mean we've never played in Europe before. We have done, plenty of times.

So many bitter people. Get over it and accept Spurs had a good season and got to this stage on hard work and merit. Spurs have had European experience over the years so why should we not be seeded?

Indeed, and they make the clubs they support look bad.

Im glad Spurs have made it into the CL, if anything it shows that the EPL is the best league, proving there are good teams besides the old Arsenal Chelsea Utd Pool.

If anything, imagine a north london derby champions league final... simply mouth watering

Indeed, and they make the clubs they support look bad.

Im glad Spurs have made it into the CL, if anything it shows that the EPL is the best league, proving there are good teams besides the old Arsenal Chelsea Utd Pool.

If anything, imagine a north london derby champions league final... simply mouth watering

Well put and more importantly an Arsenal fan which is unbiased. Very few to be found. I commend you.

Spurs deserve to be seeded, they've got far in the Europa League (UEFA Cup back then) so they deserve it.

This isn't like Burnley being seeded or anything without any experience at all is it?

Seeing as they effectively knocked themselves out of Europe 2 years ago and didn't compete this year and are still seeded it just shows how hard it is for the smaller European clubs to become big players in Europe and establish.
I think now Spurs will qualify, but they will suffer in the league and go out in the group stages so its really bitter sweet. Sweet to qualify, bitter if you don't push on from there and then do an Everton

Seeing as they effectively knocked themselves out of Europe 2 years ago and didn't compete this year and are still seeded it just shows how hard it is for the smaller European clubs to become big players in Europe and establish.
I think now Spurs will qualify, but they will suffer in the league and go out in the group stages so its really bitter sweet. Sweet to qualify, bitter if you don't push on from there and then do an Everton

Until they play next season, you cannot predict what will happen, this is football, remember. If anything, the sport is getting more and more globalized over the last decade and just like in the EPL how the smaller English clubs have started catching up with the top 4, the same may apply to Europe.

So what if we knocked ourselves out the other year. Harry took over and his priority was to get us out of danger and up the league. We had a weak squad as it was at the time. We have European pedigree with two UEFA now Europa League titles to our name and the old Cup Winners Cup. Its not like we have never been in Europe before.

We have been knocking on the door for the Champions League spot for a few years now apart from the Ramos era and he got us into Europe by winning the Carling Cup anyway.

Saying where we will falter is like predicting the weather.

Last edited:

I'm hopeful we'll make 3-4 new signings to help strengthen our squad and help us compete on two fronts next season. I'd like to try and maintain 4th spot in the Premier League as priority, with the secondary task to try and get past the group stages in the Champion's League. I think that would be a remarkable season, and trying to do both is probably going to end in tears, but I like to dream.

Great aint it, Spurs will be facing the likes of Barcelona and Inter Milan. Imagine what Messi would do to them if Burnley can beat them 4-2!

Great aint it, Spurs will be facing the likes of Barcelona and Inter Milan. Imagine what Messi would do to them if Burnley can beat them 4-2!

Thats not our fault, our players were drunk from beating Man City.

Only teams who have already had experience and got past the group stage in the Champions League should be seeded.

Jealousy doesn't pay mate

While Liverpool will easily be able to win a lowly trophy like the Europa League title, right?

Oh wait.

Stop being bitter, child.

Rubin Kazan beat Barcelona. No team is unbeatable. Stopping putting Spurs down, they deserve it. I think the people at UEFA know more than us how the seeding process works :p

I only looked at the wikipedia link but it said nothing about Spurs being seeded in the Play-Off round. It only says the draw will be seeded, it does not mention which teams are seeded, that will not be decided until they know of all the teams that are in the Play-Off round so Spurs have a chance of getting a big team which is highly likely as i don't think Celtic will be seeded if they get that far and i'm sure they have a higher European rank than Spurs

By the way if you look at what teams could be there then you will see there is no such thing as an easy draw even if they are seeded

As the post above me says, Spurs haven't been seeded just yet -- but it's looks very likely because of the results of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool over the past five years. The seeding has a lot to do with rewarding the nations that do best and isn't just based on how big the club involved is.

Well tbh I think the whole setup around the CL is retarded, it's unjustified how massive clubs like Rangers, Celtic, Galatasaray (I think) and Portuguese and Dutch clubs will face an almost impossible path to reach even the group stages, due to having to play a Euro heavyweight even in qualifying. You can say all you want about bigger/richer teams playingt each other makes for a better game, but the European Scene will miss the atmospheres of these massive clubs.

On Topic- I think Spurs should be seeded, as a lot of clubs of similar standard to them were seeded last year.

I agree with what KA5A8IAN has written. The Euro Cup used to be a lot like the FA Cup in terms of atmosphere and giant-killings etc... but I would say sponsors and other financial powers will have a lot to do with the current set up aswell. UEFA know that more people (globally) will tune in to watch a Man Utd v Barcelona final (and that means more power in the negotiating room for UEFA) than a PSV v Steaua final. Doesn't make it right though. Real football died a long time ago -- it's a whole different animal nowadays.

While Liverpool will easily be able to win a lowly trophy like the Europa League title, right?

Oh wait.

Stop being bitter, child.

I just think that having Spurs in the CL will be laughable. You probably already know this by watching the tele, but the big teams such as Liverpool and United have completely different atmospheres during european cup nights.

And just to add to your Europa League bit, we had the hardest run of teams and we're beaten by the winners, there's not much more you can say about it.

I just think that having Spurs in the CL will be laughable. You probably already know this by watching the tele, but the big teams such as Liverpool and United have completely different atmospheres during european cup nights.

And just to add to your Europa League bit, we had the hardest run of teams and we're beaten by the winners, there's not much more you can say about it.

You've obviously never seen spurs play in Europe then, Ive been to Uefa Cup Matches and the Atmosphere was Amazing. Then you can imagine how good it will be on a Champions League night, you obviously don't know much about football as everybody knows that Tottenham have loads of fans and always sell out our stadium, the Atmosphere at WHL is stunning!

Also you think you had the hardest EL run in? IMO Fulham did, (and you only joined half way through) Fulham had to play, Juventus, Hamburg, Wolfsburg, At.Madrid, Roma.....

Your correct on the bit where I've never seen Spurs play in Europe. Have they actually ever played in Europe? I can't remember the last time I seen Spurs Fans having a good atmosphere neither.

No offense mate, but maybe you can talk about atmosphere when you've played a match at anfield or old trafford in a european cup semi-final.