Max22EFC

Reaction score
Will be doing this and my Rangers save until FM13.
View attachment 267026

Villas- Boas Named Spurs Boss
View attachment 267043
(How do I make pictures larger?)
tottenhamhotspur.com can report that Andre Villas-Boas has been confirmed as Tottenham Hotspur's new manager.
Villas-Boas, 34, returns to football on a three-year contract four months after his dismissal at Chelsea. Despite winning the Portuguese domestic double and the Europa League at Porto in 2010-11, Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea less than 12 months into a three-year contract in March.
In the wake of Redknapp's dismissal, former France coach Laurent Blanc, Wigan's Roberto Martinez, Fabio Capello and former Tottenham striker Jurgen Klinsmann were linked with the post before the ex-Porto boss emerged as Spurs' preferred candidate.
"He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style," Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told the club's official website.
"Andre shares our long-term ambitions and ethos of developing players and nurturing young talent, and he will be able to do so now at a new world-class training centre."

Last edited:
Spurs sign Gordon
View attachment 267055
Tottenham have confirmed the signing of ex-Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon.
The 28-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Londoners.
Gordon completed a medical on Sunday before signing a deal to become newly appointed Andre Villas-Boas' first signing of the summer.
"Tottenham are a massive club, they finished 4th last season, so it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It's a dream come true," Gordon told tottenhamhotspur.com. "Obviously I knew the squad is immense with talent here but I believe in my ability. I've just got to work my way into the manager's plans and hopefully things will go well.
" Andre Villas-Boas said "I'm happy we've been able to complete this signing as Craig is very talented shot-stopper who has been unlucky with injuries recently. We're looking to make a few signings before the window shuts, and Luka (Modric) is likely to leave as he has disrespected this club and doesn't want to play. Craig's signing was needed as all our current keepers are the wrong side of 30."

Last edited:
Hotspur defeat marred by Bale injury
View attachment 267073

Tottenham Hotspur's 2-0 loss to Bayer Leverkusen was made worse when key player Gareth Bale suffered a twisted ankle early in the match.
tottenhamhotspur.com can confirm that Bale will be out for 3 to 4 weeks with the injury.
Gareth stated "I suppose I'd rather pick this up in pre-season than in the season itself, but this means I will be lacking in match fitness for the start of the season, and the other lads will be in better condition than me. But I'm just looking to getting back to full fitness as quick as I can and helping the club get a good start to the campaign." Andres Villas-Boas said "Hopefully he's not out for too long, and he can get back into our squad as soon as possible. It looked quite bad at the time, but thankfully it's nothing major. In the match, I felt we deserved a draw as the game was fairly even, but take nothing away from Leverkusen who took their chances better and have some talented players.

Match report
Spurs 0 - 2 Bayer Leverkusen
Reinartz (57', 80')

Team:
Gordon
Walker - Kaboul - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto
Sandro - Parker
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Bale (dos Santos)
Defoe

Last edited:
Spurs capture Italian legend
View attachment 267088

tottenhamhotspur.com are delighted to announce the signing of 36 (37 irl) year-old ex-Juventus forward and footballing legend Alessandro del Piero on a two-year contract.
del Piero completed a medical with the North Londoners on Saturday afternoon before signing a deal to become Andre Villas-Boas' second signing of the summer. "Tottenham Hotspur are a good team, they are one of the league's top sides, so it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. It's a dream come true. It will be an amazing experience to make my debut in front of them (the supporters) if I am selected to play in the next match." he said. Del Piero had been at Juventus since 1993 and made 513 league appearances with 208 goals, so it's fair to say he's taken Juventus to his heart, as will have the fans. "Obviously it's strange no longer being a Juventus player as I have been for most of my career and we've been through highs and lows. I won 8 Serie As with them, the Champions League and many other cups. But of course we were forced to play in the Italian second division (Serie B) for the 'match-fixing scandal'. I'd just once again like to thank the fans as they have been great and I will never forget them, and all the players I've played alongside for the club. But I now look forward to the next part of my career with Tottenham Hotspur. I thank Andre for the faith he showed in signing me and I cannot wait to properly meet my new team-mates."
Andre Villas-Boas said "I'm delighted to wrap up this signing, as Alessandro is essentially a household name and there's no question about his ability. Obviously he's past his physical peak, but I still believe he will benefit us, as he is technically outstanding. I'm surprised more clubs weren't interested to be honest. Hopefully he will help guide this great club to success in his time here."

Villa pick up Jenas
View attachment 267151
Aston Villa have confirmed the loan signing of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Jermaine Jenas. The 28 year-old joins on a loan fee of £1m
with a clause which states they can buy the player for an additional £3.2m.
The central-midfield player, who has fallen down the pecking order at White Hart Lane, joined Spurs in 2005 from Newcastle for a fee of £7m. He said "Obviously I want first-team football, and I doubt I'd get that with Tottenham. Villa are a big club, Paul Lambert's a great manager and they have a good young squad. I wish Spurs all the best for the future but it looks unlikely I will play for them again. Can't wait to get started with the Villa lads, and hopefully achieve a top-half finish." Andre Villas-Boas commented "Jermaine is a good player but we have many talents where he plays. I'd rather he's happy and plays lots of games somewhere else than be unhappy on our bench. We all wish him good luck at Villa and for the rest of his career."

United get their Spurs man
View attachment 267156
Manchester United have completed the signing of Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric for a fee believed to be around £29.5m, subject to a medical.
United had been linked to the Croatian for quite some time, but they have finally got his signature after Spurs publicly announced their intention to sell the player, following him stating he wants to play for a 'Champions League club'. He has signed a 5-year contract believed to be worth around £105,000 a week. Tottenham also confirmed they had agreed fees with Real Madrid and Manchester City but the midfielder opted to head to Old Trafford. He commented "I can't wait to meet my new team-mates at Carrington. And I can't wait to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. I wish Tottenham all the best but this opportunity was one I couldn't turn down, I can't wait to play in the 'Theatre of Dreams' and play in front of the fans. I'm really excited about this move and hopefully we will push for the title this year." Andre Villas-Boas said "Obviously he's a quality player, but I'm not going to keep him if he wants to leave. I'm fine with that, but the manner in which he behaved to do so was disrespectful to the club and it's players and staff. Still I wish him the best for his career and we are looking to sign some more players. We have some quality young replacements already at the club who are committed to us."

Spurs splash the cash
View attachment 267202
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the signing of 22 year-old Brazilian and Internacional starlet Leandro Daimao for a fee of around £22.5m, on a 5 year-deal.
The striker, who scored 24 goals for his club in 58 games, stated "I am really happy to join Tottenham. Signing for this club was one of the best moments of my life. I can't wait to play at White Hart Lane and hopefully win the fans' hearts. They played really well last season and were unlucky to miss out on Champion's League, but I'm sure we can do that this season. They have some great players like Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale. I want to justify my large transfer fee, but I am confident of doing said action. Villas-Boas said "We've been waiting for a while for his work permit to be granted, but we got it in the end. I'm excited to see him in Tottenham white, and I'm sure the fans are too. He is still young but he has been exceptional for Internacional and Brazil, so we believe he's worth every penny. We are looking for 2 or 3 more additions to the squad."

Spurs see off Mexicans
View attachment 267210
Match Report:
America 1 - 3 Spurs
Palafox (30') - Falque (11'), del Piero (43') Munoz og (48')
Cards: America - Bonilla
Spurs - n/a

Team:
Gordon
Walker - Kaboul - Dawson - Assou Ekotto
Sandro - Parker
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Falque
del Piero

Tottenham unclinical against Orient
View attachment 267212
Match report:
Leyton Orient 1 - 2 Spurs
Hubbins (5') - Damiao (12'), del Piero (pen 62')

Team:
Gordon
Walker - Kaboul (Vertonghen) - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto
Parker - Sandro
Lennon - Sigurdsson - del Piero
Daimao

Andre Villas-Boas: "We played well and dominated the game, but didn't take our chances, which meant a poor result. We need to be more clinical."

Last edited:
Spurs retrieve Schalk
View attachment 267230

tottenhamhotspur.com confirm that they have finalised the transfer of striker Alex Schalk from Dutch club NAC Breda for a fee in the region of £1.5m.
The 18 year-old Dutch forward signed a 5 year contract with the Londoners. He scored 6 goals for the first-team in his 33 games with them and admitted "A big reason I was eager to join was because of Alessandro (del Piero). He's a great player and he's one of a few players I model my own game on. Tottenham are a good club which is going places and I want to be part of that. I can't thank Andre enough for giving me this opportunity." Villas-Boas said "Alex is a bright young talent with lots of potential, which if he fulfills, I believe will make his transfer fee a huge bargain. He is one for the future, but will get chances to impress this season."

Official Press Conference:
Sky Sports News: Schalk has spoke of how he is looking forward to breaking into the first-team setup at White Hart Lane. Do you see it happening any time soon?
"I made this transfer with the future in mind so I think for at least this season he's likely to be a fringe player, so I'm not going to judge the success of this transfer on that basis."

BBC Sport: The deal for Schalk was a fairly cheap one, but do you see yourself spending big in the future?
"I will spend whatever I consider necessary on a deal-by-deal basis, and haven't we just paid 22.5m for someone?"

London Evening Standard: Do you agree that, with no large transfer fee involved, there is considerably less pressure on Schalk?
"I expect the same from every one of my players regardless of their transfer fee - hard work."

Football365.com: Do you think Schalk can reach the standard of del Piero, his idol?
"Well Alessandro is a great player so it will be hard but yes, if he works hard enough and fulfills his potential I don't see why not!"
View attachment 267251
View attachment 267252

Last edited:
Spurs unlucky against San Jose
View attachment 267253
Match report:
San Jose 0 - 0 Spurs

Cards: San Jose - n/a
Spurs - n/a

Team:
Gordon
Walker - Vertonghen - Dawson - Assou-Ekotto
Sandro - Huddlestone
Lennon - Sigurdsson - del Piero
Damaio

Andre Villas-Boas: "We dominated the game - 17 shots to their 3 - and were unlucky to not score or win. As I've stated before, we need to be much more clinical but another decent performance apart from the final third."

Same here! Keep it up, I love stories like this!

Sorry if I don't post for a few days with this story, but I'm quite busy. Next update tomorrow, got a new signing

Hotspur ****** Basel shot-stopper
View attachment 268178
tottenhamhotspur.com can report that they have completed the signing of Swiss Yann Sommer from FC Basel for a fee of £5m.
The 22 year-old signed on a 5 year-deal, worth around £570,000 a year. The keeper, who played 40 times for Basel in his time there, said "I am sad to leave Basel, the fans were great as were my team-mates. They will always be in my heart. But I could not turn down the opportunity to join Tottenham, they are regularly finishing high in the best league in the world and have a very good squad and manager. I cannot wait to make my debut in front of the fans and hopefully win trophies." Andres Villas-Boas commented "Yann is a great young talent and I think £5m is a good price for a good young goalkeeper. He has lots of potential and hopefully he will help make us solid defensively and be a part of bringing success to the club. I'm very glad he's so enthusiastic about the situation and I hope he settles in as quick as possible."

Spurs thrash Canaries
View attachment 268189

Match report:
Norwich City 0 - 4 Spurs
Kaboul (50'), Bale (55'), Damiao (57'), Walker (77')

Cards:

Norwich: Turner (11'), Holt (52')
Spurs: n/a

Team:
Sommer
Walker (TOTW) - Kaboul (c) (TOTW) - Vertonghen - Assou-Ekotto (TOTW)
Sandro - Huddlestone
Lennon - Sigurdsson - Bale (TOTW)
Damiao

Andres Villas-Boas: "We played very well today. The first half was fairly even and ended 0-0, but in the second half we were outstanding, and it was great to see the team be more clinical just in the nick of the time. A great result."

Last edited:
Hotspur annihilate Swans
View attachment 268292

Match report:
Swansea City 0 - 4 Spurs
Sigurdsson (9'), Damiao (15'), Bale (45+1'), Rangel og (66')

Cards:
Swansea:
Taylor (33')
Spurs: Sandro (59')

Team:
Sommer
Naughton - Kaboul - Dawson (c) - Assou-Ekotto
Sandro - Huddlestone
Lennon - Sigurdsson (TOTW) -
Bale (TOTW)
Damiao (TOTW)

Andre Villas-Boas: "Another great result. Once again we very clinical in the final third but give credit where it's due, Swansea played well and were fairly unlucky to lose by a 4-goal margin. I hope the team can build on this."

Last edited:
AUGUST AWARDS

Barclays Premier League Player of the Month:
1. Gareth Bale - Tottenham
2. Younes Kaboul - Tottenham
3. Benoit Assou-Ekotto - Tottenham
View attachment 268294

Barclays Premier League Young Player of the Month:
1. Gylfi Sigurdsson - Tottenham
2. Eden Hazard - Chelsea
3. Fabio - QPR (Man Utd)
View attachment 268295