Spvgg Unterhaching - A fantasy story

• Thread starter Thread starter bigdfxc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

bigdfxc

Reaction score
Hi folks

My namer is Fraser and ive played Footie Manager/Championship Manager since i can remember playing PC games and its accounted for a lot of hours of my life, happily spent may i add.

A while back a Buddy of mines and I read an atricle about a chap doing a fantasy challenge with a team in Italy called Pro Vercelli. Basically the challenge was go a team from the lowest divison, fantasy all the players so you didnt know any hidden gems you can ****** up etc and test your managerial might. We thought the concept was out of this world so we both took on said challenge on FM 11.

I went an Italian team called Savona and took from the Serie C/A (basically like 4th division, ranking from Serie A, B, C and then onto C/A, C/B, and C/C) to Serie A winners and world renowned team over a number of seasons (and i do mean a number of seasons) and the buzz i got doing that was out of this world.

Then along came FM12 so i thought, lets do it again. Around about that time my Son was due to be born so i didnt play all that often, being a family man i have a lovely fiancee and 2 children, a girl and a boy.

I now have a little more time on my hands so i decided to start the project a game. So i hear you all day, what league will he go for this time? Well i considered them all, and when i say all i mean europe, and when i say Europe i mean Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Portugal. So 5 choose between. I struck off Italy fairly quickly as i had been there, done that. Choosing between the other 4 could of been quite a hard decision, however, last season i watched a lot of German football and i began to really like the league and the kind of players in it, so i decided that the German league is for me.

Picking a team: This process takes some time because i like to do research on every team and make a decision from there, just so i can familiarise myself with the team and get a vibe for them. After a couple days research i decided to go Spvgg Unterhaching. Why? simple, 3 reasons. 1st - they managed to get into the top flight back in 1999 and went down a couple seasons after, so a bit of past glory there. 2nd - they are in Unterhaching, a municipal of Munich, so i thought part of Munich, could build a nice Munich Rivalry. 3rd - They have a tobogan on their badge, how awesome is that?

I have already started this league and I am in March 2012, i have just came on this site and read some peopels stories and it has inspired me to write about my own exploits and see what people think. So im going to backtrack everything from the day i signed to where i am now, then i will update from there on.

So to cap it all off.
  • German Third Division
  • Fantasy Players
  • Challenge is - Take them all the way to the top
Being a family man i cant commit to regular updates so they will be here and there when time allows but watch this space and i hope you enjoy it when it comes :)

Fraser

Last edited:
I have been thinking about this, would it be preferable for me to update to where i am now... or for the purpose of those reading, if i started again from scratch with another team?

Let me know guys and if you would like me to let you know hiow im doing then take it from there we can do that, but if you prefer something new then we can hold a vote later :)

Back