Squad improvements, NUFC 1st season.

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Hey, I have just started my NUFC game, managed to get around 56m in by selling a lot of players, plus the 12m i had in the budget already(and also looks like there will be a takeover bid for the club, happy days!). My squad is good, but I know I am lacking in depth. Any suggestions??

SQUAD -

GKs
Bogdan LOBONT - 1.7m

DR
D. SRNA - 12m

LB
Jose ENRIQUE

CB
D. MARCELLIS - 6m
F. COLOCCINI
S. TAYLOR
P. JAGIELKA - 6m

MR
J. BLASZCZYKOWSKI(spelling may not be right) - 7m
JONAS

ML
Y. ZHIRKOV - 16m

CM
A. DZAGOEV - 9.5m (managed to unsettle him at his club;))
P. C. SKJELBRED - 2.1m
I. GONZALEZ(on loan)
S. BLANCO

ST/F
O. MARTINS
J. VONLANTHEN - 2.1m
A. SANCHEZ - 4.7m
F. QUAGLIARELLA - 7.5m

I have around 15m to spend to reinforce the squad. Need DL, DR, ML, CM. I had Vagner Love at the top of my agenda, but have been priced out of a move, as I need to save the money to build the squad.

Last edited:
get new GK dude!
get Ochoa - America MX
Kameni - espanyol
kirkland - wigan
stekelenburg - ajax

rb - Mikael Chritein - nancy lorraine
lb- Antunes - Roma

Cm - get Bolzoni - Inter

get new GK dude!
get Ochoa - America MX
Kameni - espanyol
kirkland - wigan
stekelenburg - ajax

rb - Mikael Chritein - nancy lorraine
lb- Antunes - Roma

Cm - get Bolzoni - Inter

Problem is, America want 10m for Ochoa, which leaves me nothing to build the rest of the squad with. I have however got Josh Lambo signing in January from FC Dallas, Kameni looks the best option, but is he willing to play backup/rotation with Lobont, who has been great for me so far.

These are the prices I got after making a first bid, none of them will budg e from these:
Stekelenberg - 12m
Kirkland - 9m
Kameni - 4.8m
Ochoa - 10.25m

Have made a bid for Chretien, so I will see what happens there, and Antunes says he feels 'that a move to Newcastle would be a backward step'(Cheeky MF). Bolzoni is loaned out to Torino, so I can't bid for him.

yeah, wait for antunes, he never gets game time, will get him half price 2nd season.
kameni is fine hey, has 1 or 2 comments sometimes, but has been 2nd choice every season.
lambo is kak dude, dont depend on him!

yeah, wait for antunes, he never gets game time, will get him half price 2nd season.
kameni is fine hey, has 1 or 2 comments sometimes, but has been 2nd choice every season.
lambo is kak dude, dont depend on him!

I signed Lambo when I played as Fiorentina, the end of the third season, he became first choice over Frey, played some unbelievable games.

get a screen shot of him please, i had him for Leeds, but never got game time, stats were kak

Try Neurer from Schalke, he's a good keeper.

If not, why not try an experienced Prem keeper like Jaskelaainen or someone?

If you're going for depth, try getting in some young players and one or 2 oldies to add experience to the side.

Go to Steau for a left winger, dude's named Orchoisoii or something ... becomes quality, or if you want some experience then sign Torbinski. Shouldn't cost you too much.

For LB cover you could always get Rat on the cheap? Look to see where Sergey Krivets is aswell for a good squad player.

Looks like more than anything you need a good holding defensive midfielder....for the meanwhile sign M.Diarra from Real as he shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand and will be worth 4.8 million after a decent season. I'd go for a more experienced strong player with decent stamina for this position due to how young your AM's are.

Other options are checking how much Senna is in the second season because i don't know. Lucas is a decent option from Liverpool if you can get him on the cheap. Also try Mikel from Chelsea. Tbh i'd use 8-9 mill on a quality DM like Mikel and then focus squad depth around cheekys prospects like Orchosii and Krivets

I did manage to bring in Gago on a 12month loan deal, with a 6m future fee, and has started solidly for me, 2 MoM in three games, constantly 'bossing the midfield'. Brought in Kolarov as a defensive backup, nut he has forced his way into the first squad.
And I think I may have found another underrated player in Blaszczykowski, only given a three star report, played first games(against Barcelona, Steaua and Fiorentina) due to Jonas injury, played out of his skin, and the way he is playing, I cannot drop him. Definetly worth a look for most top division sides.

I found a decent keeper called Erick Delgado . :D
Got him for free for my QPR (Bossman) first season . :O
He iss worth having a look at but getting a work permit can be a huge problem oO)

I re-named Blazczykowski to his nickname (as called in Germany with BVB Dortmund) which is Kuba :)

It's easier to spell and remember lol

Back