Squad Needs Revamping on a Shoestring in the Championship with Palace ...???

• Thread starter Thread starter weezy7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 983

weezy7

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for reading!

I've just come through a turbulent first season with Crystal Palace in the Championship.

I have battled through to a mid table finish (was 2nd at Christmas before the mother of all collapses - lost like 9 games in a row) ...

I have a few games left but need to plan for next season. Essentially, the whole squad needs revamping. My loanee players will be going home, and I'll be losing one or two squad players naturally.

The only place I actually have decent cover is up top. I have Vassell, Anichebe and Ormerod after a bit of wheeling and dealing.

From defence through midfield I need to add depth. I cant afford another injury crisis like last season. So essentially Im looking to add 4 or 5 players, with pretty much no money!

My guess is I'll be giving half a million, I reckon I can free up some more funds by offloading one or two midfielders.

So lets say I've got a million to spend. Ideally I would like to bring in spirited young english players, but Im happy to look abroad.

Who are generally regarded as the best cheapy options within the championship? These players need to be willing to ply their trade at Palace.

Obviously free transfers from the start of the game wont be relevant, so players generally at clubs who are undervalued are what I'm targeting.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks again,

Try and get Jordan Mutch on loan from Birmingham hes really good also Jeffrey Bruma on loan from Chelsea they are both good youngsters

Thanks Sam - I'm definately going to hit the loan market also

If your looking for a keeper Kieren Westwood is usually released on a free by Coventry. Although with Speroni you may not need a new keeper

Yeah Speroni should keep me going for an another few years, not a huge priority atm, cheers though!

michael pazdan might not be in ur game tho but if he is id recommend him wont cost much either he plays dm and cb

The board gave me 100k ... looks like this is a bigger task than i thought!

Thomas Cruise was released on a free at the end of my first season - if he is then he will move to you for sure (moved to AFC Wimbledon for me!) If he's not then get in a loan offer, he's indispensable for me at the back! Also look at Henri Lansbury for a loan, as Arsenal don't normally require you to pay their wages!

Good luck Weezy!

Cheers pal - I'll take a look at him tonight ...

I brought in a few freebies last night, can't remember there names (3 italian kids who are on the 'wonderkid' shortlist) and Luis Jimenez as a AM. I've basically broke the wage structure to get him in, so I need to flog one or two. I've got the feeling he could be a bit of a prima dona but we need a bit of quality in the middle.

Yeah i had Henri Lansbury on loan last season - absolute revelation. Put in a request for him last night, fingers crossed he fancies another stint, his versatility is so helpful to a small squad. I play him anywhere across midfield

Back