Squad Upgrade?

chrisyboy

Reaction score
This is probably supposed to be in the player discussion, but what they hey.
Let me set the scene for you...

I joined Notts County as their new manager at the start of the game in 2009, while they were still lounging about in League 2. We soon won promotion by winning the league. We followed that up by winning both League 1 and the Championship, in our first year of competing in them. So we were then in the Barclays Premier League, along with teams like Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. We barely stayed up, finishing two points out of the drop zone. We continued to improve, finishing in 16th in 2013/14. The next year we ended up in a respectable 7th place, and grabbing the added bonus of European qualification by losing norrowly to Man City in the FA Cup final.
I am now in my 8th year with Notts County. We are currently residing in 1st place. Unbeaten. We have also smashed Arsenal's record of 14 Premier League wins in a row, we have 17. We are in the run up to the January transfer window, the league table looks like this:View attachment 184695(please click on the image, I don't know how to enlarge it).

So, we are obviously in complete control of the league, but we need major upgrades to help us reach the Europa League final (the board's minimum expectation). You obviously need to know the complet squad, so here it is, again please click on the image to enlarge it:View attachment 184696In reserves, we also have:Wayne Bridge (35), Emmanuel Pogatetz (32), Fabio Daprela (24), Jermaine Jenas (32) and Tim Cahill (36). It is not worth mentioning our youth team, our top prospects are in the first team (listed above).

And we are currently in the league cup semi against Villa and in the FA Cup thrid/fourth round.

Please help with squad upgrades (new signings/player sales)...:)
Oh, and our transfer budget is between 23 and 30 mil. the wage budget is between 1.16 mil and 1 mil (depending on the transfer budget), we are currently spending 992,044. Please help a 'noble' cause :D

Last edited: