SSC Napoli - Heart and Soul

ChristopherWH

Reaction score

Calcio, a sport for some, larger than life for others.
Here in Napoli, we are many that live for the sport, for our team.
They are our fighters, our gladiators, representing our city and people against the rest of Italy.
We pride ourselves with being unwavering, from the top of Europe to the bottom of the Italian serie system, we will hoard to San Paolo to cheer and pour our hearts out.
From today on forward I will manage this team, I will give it my everything and I will put the team first with my family.
This is my family now. I am Vincenzo Scarlatti, Neapolitan till I die.

To join the club in your heart, as a manager, is a great experience, massive really.
The players I have learned to love, and the ones I might dislike, all of a sudden I have to look at them as employees and commodities.
I realize some of the fellows I like as people will have to go, no matter how much heart they have for the club, no matter their fighting spirit. This is a club that is supposed to grow larger and more competative, therefore I have to look to bring in some new faces to replace those that aren't up to standards anymore. This is a Champions League club this year, after all.
At the same time we are having loan debts that will need some paying off in due time, but hey, we're in Napoli and we know there are worse loanes than bank ones, if you catch my drift.
There will, first of all, be some changes in the staff room. I'm letting many of the coaches go, they are part of the last management and I intend to build something new here. I will keep the assistant manager here for another year or two just to get everything settled and until someone more suited is available.

But for now, let's do this, this is our thing.

Vincenzo Scarlatti - New Napoli Boss

Pre Season

As usual we are starting the season with a bunch of friendlies. This time around I was not here in time to decide our opponents though, so we are playing all over Europe. The top game being against Barcelona here at San Paolo.

We had some pretty good performances this pre season, the low being a loss against Stoke, the high being a 3-0 win against Barcelona with a hat-trick by Cavani.
Cavani was the player who performed best all in all during these friendlies, with Cannavaro and Olsson came in a close second and third.
Olsson is one of my new signings and I intend to list all of them up to date.
I enjoy the fact that we actually manage to score quite a few goals as well, hopefully Cavani can keep his goal scoring form as the real season start off. The same goes for Vargas, he came shortly before I and perhaps he can be a joker for us in the run for a new chance at the Champions League, as well as in the tournament itself this year.

Other than Martin Olsson I have also made sure to bring in Marco Verratti and Federico Casarini. The latter two being young italian midfielders with their future ahead of them, some real talent there which I really hope will come to bloom here in Napoli.
Martin Olsson on the other hand is a Swedish player who will most likely occupy the left defender role, but he can play anywhere on the left flank. Speedy with a great workrate and a pretty decent left foot for crossing. He'll probably take Dossena's place right from the start.

I'm still in search for another striker/winger though to make some rotation possible to keep the players fresh with all the competitions we're in this season. I'm following Hoilett, Jovetic and Gaston Ramírez the closest.

Cavani - In a formidable performance against FC Barcelona

September

September

A good month all up until the end where we got a bit shook up against a strong Chelsea side, or more precisely, a strong Drogba. He actually scored all the goals for Chelsea that game, four shots, all of the on goal and all of them in goal. Dreadful.
Before that though, we had a terrific run, that still stands in the league. Five straight wins and a nr.1 position ahead of Internazionale due to a better goal difference. I also made sure to sign another swedish player, he won't join until his loan spell at Feyenoord is over. A young John Guidetti, an all-rounded striker, 19 years old belonging, not for long, to Manchester City.
A good piece of business from my side seems to be the young midfielder Casarini. Meant to learn a thing or two before becoming a starting man, he has proven that he's man enough for the job already. Scoring five goals in six games, four out of four in the league he's our second best scorer after Edinson "El Matador" Cavani.
We put in some strong performances, most notably against Juventus where we got a four to nothing win when they came to visit, no fun trip home to Torino for them afterwards. Hamsik showed us the way that time with two goals.

Nobody can deny that this month was ours. The top five performers of the whole Serie A were Napoli players with Cavani on top both there and in goals for scoring seven. Lavezzi leads the assist charts with his five goal giving passes, with Hamsik and Wellington Nem being the closest Napoli players with three respectively two assists. Casarini has been very precise with his passing as well and excluding the Chelsea game he's been a consistant performer.

I can't really complain even though the last game was annoying as ****. We came back too many times to lose like that, Drogba was terrific.
I will try to build on our current form and try to stay ahead of Inter even though they are playing rather well too. Our offensive have been great honestly. Vargas has been the weakest soo far and he still got a goal and three assists too his name, counting both league and CL games.
Well, I'm off, and I'll give you more updates and thoughts after next months games are over.
Ciao!

Back