Stade de Reims - pop the champagne!

Going great so far!!! Pellegri for £7m - just £46m less than I spent on him lol

Going great so far!!! Pellegri for £7m - just £46m less than I spent on him lol
Cheers mate :) and yeah I'm not too sure what happened in Monaco's head hahaha he's supposed to become one of the best strikers in the world and they're basically giving him away for free considering if I had to sell him I could easily do so for 40-50 million...

View attachment 12625

Injury-ridden Reims get past Atlético in thrilling encounter

View attachment 12624
View attachment 12623

It will be a day to remember for Reims fans tonight, as their side booked a place in the Champions League quarter-final for the first time since 1963 in a thrilling encounter which saw exciting prospect Doku score twice in the first half to give Reims a 3-1 aggregate lead over Atlético and two away goals in the process, meaning Griezmann's side needed 3 goals in order to advance. The Frenchman did bring one back in the 91st minute but it's yet another incredible performance from les Rouges et Blancs who after managing to beat Juventus in the group stages, can now say with a lot of pride that they've beaten another one of Europe's best sides in Atlético Madrid!

View attachment 12622
It's been an impressive second half of the season for Fournier's men so far, losing just one of their 14 games, drawing 4 and winning 9. In any other league, this would be title-winning form but unfortunately for Reims, they have a giant in France to knock off their throne and that is PSG, who they lost to away in late January with a 3-1 defeat.

View attachment 12621
View attachment 12620
Speaking of January, there were some exciting news for Reims fans who welcomed Brazilian 19-year old Tetê, who joined from Gremio for just £1.5 million. This is even more evidence of Fournier really looking to sign players for the future of the club, with quite a few of them coming from South America. Tetê has scored once and made one assist in the 5 games he's played with the club so far, undoubtedly due to Thomas Foket's incredible form as a right-midfielder keeping the Brazilian out of the side for now.

View attachment 12619
After 27 games, Reims sit 7 points behind the league leaders PSG but have a game in hand over Lyon who are currently in 3rd just 4 points behind. Its been a season to forget for Saint-Étienne who find themselves bottom of the league despite such an impressive showing last year, whilst Monaco will be disappointed to sit behind both Troyes and Nîmes who were promoted in the last 2 years.

Hi everyone, unfortunately this story will have to come to an end as I lost the save file :'( it really was a great save so far with some great wonderkids signed over the season and a half I was in charge of the club but my computer just decided I wouldn't be able to take Reims back to European finals... Thanks to everyone who followed I hope you enjoyed it!
For those who enjoy my stories, I'll be starting a new one very shortly which will bring me back to England as I feel it's been a while since I had an English save in FM!