Stadium Double-Expansion Bug?

• Thread starter Thread starter waywardzzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 6K

waywardzzt

Reaction score
I finished a remarkable season with my League 1 Team and went to the board to make requests both for improved training facilities (we had 3 silver star rating...yuck) and an expanded stadium. It took a bit of convincing, but I got both.

Then I see the following messages in my inbox:

Training facilities: 1.8 million
Stadium expanded by around 1000 seats: 1.3 million

Thought to myself, hmm that's kind of weak.

Next day, see another mail:

Stadium expanded 2000 seats: 2.5 million.

Info screen says only the 2000 seat expansion is happening. Expenditure page says paying 4.1 million for ground upkeep

I currently have a balance of 1.4 million after finishing the season with a warchest of around 5.8 million. So that adds up for the 2k+training upgrades.

Did that 1000 seat stadium expansion get thrown to the side? Or will I still get billed for it or will I get the benefit without paying for it?

You'll get arrested and trialed for tax evasion then the club will go into administration

Just an update: strangely my stadium only allows me to have a max capacity of 1899 (instead of its total capacity from before of 5275). Very bizarre stuff. No indication of the new seats being installed, but I guess for championship games or something I am only allowed to sell seated tickets instead of unseated tickets. Still no notice of both construction going on, but whole sections of my stadium are empty and unseated -- presumably from construction.

Last edited:
Just an update: strangely my stadium only allows me to have a max capacity of 1899 (instead of its total capacity from before of 5275). Very bizarre stuff. No indication of the new seats being installed, but I guess for championship games or something I am only allowed to sell seated tickets instead of unseated tickets. Still no notice of both construction going on, but whole sections of my stadium are empty and unseated -- presumably from construction.

Peterborough are in the championship and both stands behind the goal are standing only terraces. Sounds like a bug to me as you usually get a news item letting you know when the construction will be finished.

i had a similar situation to in fm11, making the emirates stadium 96k. but yea, it sounds like a bug to me ;)

Peterborough are in the championship and both stands behind the goal are standing only terraces. Sounds like a bug to me as you usually get a news item letting you know when the construction will be finished.

One news item said October for the 1k expansion. A separate news item said january for the 2k expansion. I can only hope, because right now I am bringing in essentially NO revenue at all.

Doesn't sound good! By the way what team are you?

I remember on the FM08 that game had a bug on the stadium expansions, I was Wrexham and got them into the Championship, I had one extension to take my capacity upto 23,000 all seater at a cost of 8M. When the construction had finished and a new season had began the ground was back down to 15,500 but still with the 8M loan. It had happened again when the made it to a 32,000 seater and a cost of 15M! Ruined the game as I was loosing far to much money per month due to the loan, couldn't play it again!

Doesn't sound good! By the way what team are you?

I remember on the FM08 that game had a bug on the stadium expansions, I was Wrexham and got them into the Championship, I had one extension to take my capacity upto 23,000 all seater at a cost of 8M. When the construction had finished and a new season had began the ground was back down to 15,500 but still with the 8M loan. It had happened again when the made it to a 32,000 seater and a cost of 15M! Ruined the game as I was loosing far to much money per month due to the loan, couldn't play it again!

I'm BSS side Eastleigh -- so these stadium expansions still make my stadium the smallest in championship by far (wouldn't even be 8k when it's all said and done). On the bright side, at least I didn't have to take out any loans to get these expansions cracking. I just hope that hwen the work is done the stadium goes back to capacity...some form of capacity. Right now it's only seating the 1899 available seating instead of the full unseated capactiy.

Started this game pre-12.1 if that matters.

One more update, and I would love to get some info from other people here:

My stadium upgrades finished (I say upgrades because my seating capacity went back to the reduced amount in mid october, and my paid for upgrade finished in early november).

What have I learned? That apparently English Championship division games only allow for people to buy seated tickets. So i have whole stands empty and can only max out at 4109 seated. But the strange part is what it says breakdown wise for my seating:

Total: 7275 (4109 seated) (6864 capacity used in regular matches)

What in the world does that mean? Does that mean I will never sell out my stadium ever again? Can anyone explain to me what might be going on, or am I seriously bugged?

One more update, and I would love to get some info from other people here:

My stadium upgrades finished (I say upgrades because my seating capacity went back to the reduced amount in mid october, and my paid for upgrade finished in early november).

What have I learned? That apparently English Championship division games only allow for people to buy seated tickets. So i have whole stands empty and can only max out at 4109 seated. But the strange part is what it says breakdown wise for my seating:

Total: 7275 (4109 seated) (6864 capacity used in regular matches)

What in the world does that mean? Does that mean I will never sell out my stadium ever again? Can anyone explain to me what might be going on, or am I seriously bugged?

It means you're gonna need to move to a new stadium buddy.

Even my sellouts are only at 4k and there seems to be nothing I can do. Ever since the expansion finished my stadium continues to look half empty.

Can anyone confirm that the top two English leagues only allow for use of seated tickets?

Back