Stamford FC

• Thread starter Thread starter StLukeFM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 759

StLukeFM

Reaction score
Bob Feetham, the clubs chairman has announced that Luke has signed a one year contract at the club. The recently re-branded club has announced their aspirations to make the step up and move up the english tier, and have promised to make the suitable adjustments to ensure to the club to ensure they are not being held back from the Premier League.

Luke is reportedly on a 550 p/w contract on a one year contract and although Bob's aspiration is to move up the leagues, has offered Luke the chance to just be judged on getting top half of the table. It it suggested that Luke declined this chance and said his minimum expectation is to get playoffs and missing this target he will resign as he would of felt he did not to a good enough job this season. Along with this other targets for the FA CUP is to reach the third qualifying round, which Luke is excited about and hoping for a lot more in the hope to higher Stamford's reputation. The FA Trophy and Challenge cup are expected to reach the third and fourth round. A highly enthusiastic manager in Luke, has he promised too much or is he exactly what this club needs?

Stamford was founded in 1894 and in their 113-year existence have only acquired 3 leagues and 1 cup. Their most successful era was during the 1980's although they are now enduring an 18 year spell without a trophy. The Daniels currently play in the Northern Premier League First Division South.

Last edited:
The budget is nothing to be excited about however it is made up for in the wage budget, just about.. The wages we are looking at range from 20-200£ depending on the calibre of player we bring in but I also look to tie up some of our current players on actual contracts so that other teams can not take them off us. Particularly our more important squad players.
I was quite surprised by the size of the squad. Its not huge, but an 18 player base standard squad is very nice to start off. With the ability to release players and tie up more important players on year deals allows me to bring in better or specific to the tactic I tend to play. A few stand out players Jon Challinor is a 35 year old CM, seems to be our most important player followed by Liam Marshall who is a 19 year old CB with 4 star and 5 star potential ability. I will definitely be looking to tie him down in a contract.

Jon Challinor
View attachment 99384

Liam Marshall
View attachment 99383

Along with the other lads, I hope these two particularly can provide big performances this season. Particularly excited about Liam Marshall, hoping he can develop throughout the season and providing him with alot of first team opportunities should help him to do so.

Back