*Stars* from low leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter Ghost77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

Ghost77

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about this for a long time, but now I finally must discuss it with you, mates. I am playing FM (or CM) over 10 years, but I have a problem with no really good players coming from low leagues. In other words in my games there was never player from League One, Two or lower, who can be good enough for Premier League.

My example will be Garath McCleary, who scored four goals against Leeds this week, and is now one of the best players of Nottingham Forest. Look at his attributes, it's just ridiculous, he's never near standard for Championship. And of course there are others, who are very underrated or were underrated until they were bought by bigger club in reality to show themselves.

Of course it's very hard to judge potential of every player. On the other hand I think that fluctuation of players from low leagues to Championship and Premier League is quite high in real football and I would like to pick talented players from low league in FM as well. There's just nothing to pick from...

What do you think? Thanks

Well if your willing to delve into South Africa, then Andile Jali and Siyanda Xulu are gold for low-mid table teams. And both very very cheap!

Otherwise Burnleys Jay Rodriguez turns out rather well.

Well if your willing to delve into South Africa, then Andile Jali and Siyanda Xulu are gold for low-mid table teams. And both very very cheap!

Otherwise Burnleys Jay Rodriguez turns out rather well.

Yes, of course, in Africa or South America I can find many good players. I am talking generally about english football and picking from local leagues, I should have written it above.

About Rodriguez.. he is good, but I think there are many players of equal quality, who are very unterrated in FM and will never play Premier League in FM, although in reality there's quite high probabality. If you look at teams like Stoke, Sunderland etc. and top half Championship teams.. there are many many players, who played League Two few seasons back...

Last edited:
yeah I think your probably right.
The way the game is structured and generally has always been makes this extremely rare. Same with late bloomers and the ages players peak. High potential players in the game are usually picked up at very early ages. You won't see Ian Wrights coming out of nowhere it seems at late ages or a Gary McAlister going from Coventry to Liverpool at 35 and being a superstar player

it's probably hard to implement

it's probably hard to implement

maybe it's hard to implement, but I consider it to be a very important part.. hunting in low leagues is in my opinion basic of every scouting department

Players in the conference are horribly under-rated. Jamie Vardy is pretty useless on the game despite scoring 27 goals in the league with Blackpool bidding £1 milliion for him in January.

There have been so many players who have come from non league who have been very good players in the football league. For instance Chris Smalling went from Maidstone to Fulham and is now playing for England, something like that would never happen in FM.

maybe it's hard to implement, but I consider it to be a very important part.. hunting in low leagues is in my opinion basic of every scouting department

i agree with you totally, but probably not enough of the other people that play the game.
It's the same with age-ism in tha game, it's always been there and for me it makes the game very unrealistic-but not many other gamers I think notice or care. Lots play the game souping up all the youth and selling them before they are 30 when the forced declines happen.
I've had a look at future saves and basically you will rarely have top players in their mid 30s as you progress through the game

Back