champion7891

Reaction score
Hi,

I have played multiple careers on FM 13, and I get incensed that the star rating gets broken the more you progress. I am in the year 2022, and through genie scout I know that I have a player with 196 PA, and he is only 4.5 stars. A 190 CA player is 4 star only. Add to that, there are some players whose PA=CA but the stars show that they still have potential left.

I have 20 JPA, JCA Assisstant and scouts.

Eg.1 185 CA and PA:
View attachment 408137

Eg.2 CA=168, PA=196
View attachment 408136

Eg.3 CA=PA=175
View attachment 408135
Can anybody help me with this issue as its driving me crazy I have to use Genie Scout a lot to get correct idea about a player's ability or whether they have fulfilled their potential or not.

Thanks

1st of all, star ratings are subjective to your team. Looking at that team, you appear to have a large number of world class players, which means star rating will not be as high for any individual. I loaded up Barcelona and Neymar was only 4.5 stars because Messi was there and brought his rating down.

Second, scouts in game are very rarely perfectly accurate. They make some mistakes, because it is supposed to echo real life, and people commonly think that players can improve even more when they are already at their peak. This is just the game reflecting that.

As for the 4* rating of the dude with 175 CA, duh? Given that you've got a guy with 185 CA, he's not going to be rated at 5*. It's like comparing Sanchez to Bale. Sanchez would look worse because Bale is there. That's the only reason.

Star ratings are what the game gives us to echo real life. It does that. Genie Scout just gives us certainty.

Hey thanks for the reply. I do understand what you are saying, but what I dont get is why my best player is not 5 star.

Case in point, in one edit, I created this super player with CA=PA=200, he started as a 5 star player, after 6-7 seasons, he was still the highest rated player but at only 4 stars. And there were no other 4 star players available. This sort of compresses the rating system, is there a way to reset it?

Did u buy better players to play with him? in comparison he wont be 5 star compared to them .

Hey thanks for the reply. I do understand what you are saying, but what I dont get is why my best player is not 5 star.

Case in point, in one edit, I created this super player with CA=PA=200, he started as a 5 star player, after 6-7 seasons, he was still the highest rated player but at only 4 stars. And there were no other 4 star players available. This sort of compresses the rating system, is there a way to reset it?

As far as I know, star ratings also depend on the teams reputation. After 6-7 seasons was the players CA still at 200?
I would have thought the CA would have dropped slightly since a players peak doesn't last 6-7 seasons, and if your clubs reputation increased during that time the players star rating would drop as well.

Because after 6-7 seasons he's not going to be a star or two better than the rest of your team. The rating system is pretty easy to understand and follow, the only way he stay at 5 stars for 6-7 seasons was if you did nothing at all to improve your team. The reason you're not finding any players over 4 stars is because there just isn't anyone around that is an improvement over the top end of your teams ability.