Stars Vs Attributes

• Thread starter Thread starter astrasxi84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3K

astrasxi84

Reaction score
just started a new save and currently on the prowl for some new players, ive picked a few that have, what i think is good stats but when i scout them they only come back with around 2-3 star rating. So which one do take notice of?

Look at the player in depth. He might have good attributes in some respects but is there a reason the scout report isn't as positive as you hoped. Does the player possess poor mental stats that could counter his positive technical stats for example. Always take note if your scout labels a player as an inconsistent performer or injury prone, but sometimes you've got to trust your own judgement. If he looks better than your current crop then he might be worth the risk.

Look at attributes and scout report, instead of the stars. As long as the stars state he'll atleast be a good player for you, stop looking at it and focus on the remaining things.The attributes for a position will give you an idea of what the player can do there. The scout report will tell you any weaknesses/negatives the player might have (inconsistent, not adaptable, dislikes important matches etc). I mean, they made it all detailed and nice this year, use it!

Focus also on stars when you're trying to get young players, as that'll give you an idea as to how much they can improve.

In essence, don't just look at any one thing, look at all the things/

I remember when I was into a second season of a save in FM14 and was looking for a Central defender and scouted Mats Hummels. Now this was only second season and Dortmund had a good season and so did he, with no injuries all season.

When the scout got back to me he only said he would be a good team player or some shizzle and said he was 3star ca & pa. Which is a bit stupid as Hummels is one of the best defenders in the world - and after a good season he can't of dropped at all. With this happening I started up a new save with Dortmund just to compare his stats too see if he had actually gone down in any areas and he'd actually gone up very nicely in stats.

So this is an example of where stars aren't always proof of how good a player is, you have to pay attention to ALL attributes in my opinion and sometimes even if they are low stars - it doesn't mean his attributes will be below expected or above.

I've noticed that star ratings go up the longer you scout players. When I've just asked for a report, they often have 2 1/2 stars. When I scout them over a long period of time (at least two weeks), the stars go up to three or 3 1/2.

Back