Start Game = Laptop Crash. Please Help.

• Thread starter Thread starter gulgilo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

gulgilo

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am having issues with playing FM 2012. Mine is the Steam Version. The laptop im using is a Dell XPS L502X, its very new with 8 GB RAM, WIndows 7 and Nividia GeForce GT 540M.
Issue is: I use to have the Parsing Error when i start playing the game, meaning when the ball is being kicked around with the little players chasing after them. solved that by deleting the settings folder (following: I'm getting an "XML Parsing" error.... - Sortitoutsi.net - Football Manager 2011 Forums). I have done the verifying and defrag thing on Steam.
So now parsing error doesnt comes anymore but my laptop keeps crashing when i i click start game. Or sometimes before the game starts, my video card crashes and restarts successfully.

Any ideas?
Thank you for your time people.

G Singh

I have the same problem with vcard/laptop crashing.

I also have a new laptop with 8 GB ram, win7 and GT540.

I read somewhere to disable stadiums, but that didn't prevent the bug. However, the lower I set the ingame video settings (no stadiums, low quality, etc.) the longer it seems to take in between crashes.

Edited: I do have the parsing error too

Last edited:
Just in case anyone else encounters the problem: One workaround I have found is to disable the video card and use the "onboard" graphix instead

Back