walkerdcfc23

Reaction score
I came into this game knowing it will be my last save until FM2013 comes out. I decided I would start it with Newcastle a team with a good squad already but I aimed to improve and make us a side that were constant in Europe and challenging for the title year in year out. I knew this would be tough with the 2 Manchester teams.

After a pretty successful pre-season where we only lost one match to AS Monaco I am expecting we have a good season this year and get into Europa League but I want to push the Champions League spot all the way, I also hope to either win the League or FA cup so I will be playing strong sides in them games whatever the opposition.

With Ben Arfa out for the first 2 months of the season my first signing was Adam Lallana a young winger at Southampton with bags of potential and could potentially play 25 first team games for me this season and will be a player I use in my rotation system, I signed him for a small fee of £1M. My second signing of the summer was another winger in Matt Jarvis from Wolves for once again a fee that I was happy with £2M. After signing these 2 wingers I wanted to press on to try and sign a CB that would give Steven Taylor and Coloccini competition as I didn’t feel Kadar was good enough yet for my squad so I loaned him out to Gateshead. The player I brought as back up was Kirk Broadfoot from Ranger for the small fee of 300k, now he would only come in as probably my 4th​ choice central defender and will probably only play for us for this season only getting a handful of games as he will be behind Mike Williamson in the pecking order. My 4th​ signing Joe Ledley for a fee that can eventually rise to £7m was aimed to give Tiote and Cabaye a lot more competition and if one of them pick up an injury I know I can trust Ledley to do a job for me in the middle of the park. I also signed defensive midfield Mahamadou Diarra on a free transfer to give Tiote back up. My other signings were Jack Butland from Birmingham for a fee of £1.3M, Wilfried Zaha for £1M and Danny Welbeck on loan from Manchester United to give Cisse and Ba backup.

In terms of going out at the club I sold James Perch to Southampton for a big fee of £6M which I was very happy with as Perch was not part of my first team plans and this allowed me to sign more players, Shola Ameobi went to Stoke for £5M, Dan Gosling also for £5M to West Brom and Lovenkrands and Steve Harper both went for £1.5M with Lovenkrands heading to Wolves and Harper going to Southampton.

My targets for the season:
Premier League- 5th
League Cup- Winners
Fa Cup- Quarter Finals

So after a pretty succesful pre-season my next update will be up in about 10 minutes thanks for reading hope you carry on.

How did you get lallana and Jarvis for those prices lallana has always been at leat £3m and Jarvis at least £8m as well as zaha who has always been £7m. Anyway rant over. Some good signings there.

August
Coming into this month I had 4 matches including a Carling Cup game. I hope to get at least 7 points from my first 3 matches lets see how it goes though.

Swansea vs Newcastle
This was a match where I expected we would win pretty easily even though away from home against a recently promoted side.
Half time- Swansea 1-1 Newcastle
Jarvis scoring my goal but they replied instantly with a Danny Graham equaliser.
Full time- Swansea 1-2 Newcastle
A late Tiote wonder strike won us a game where we played quite poorly but it’s a sign of a good team if you can play poor but still come away with 3 points, very happy we have our first win on the board though.

Newcastle vs Fulham
I knew this would be a tougher test than Swansea so we were going to have to play well to get anything from this match as Fulham are a lot better side in my opinion but it was still a game where I fully expected to pick up 3 points.
Half time- Newcastle 0-0 Fulham
A poor first half from both sides with no player really a threat for them or for me.
Full time- Newcastle 2-1 Fulham
Steven Taylor put us ahead with a good header but Dembele replied for them in the 53rd​ minute but in the 86th​ minute Demba Ba grabbed the winner with a counter attack and then a nice finish from Demba Ba. Only downside from this match was new signing Adam Lallana broke his ankle which is set to put him out for 2 months.

Newcastle vs Morecambe
This is a game I would expect to win quite easily; I’ve put out a strong team with the no non first teamers playing which meant that I was fully expecting a win.
Half time- Newcastle 1-0 Morecambe
A penalty in the 36th​ minute for Ryan Taylor put as ahead and we look good value for our lead.
Full time- Newcastle 1-1 Morecambe
They equalised early on in the second half and from there we threw everything at them but just couldn’t find that vital goal but it meant we had to play extra time which I didn’t like the look of baring in mind we had a tough game away at Stoke 3 days later but still confident going into extra time.
End of extra time- Newcastle 2-1 Morecambe
A far from convincing performance from the boys there probably but it wasn’t our strongest team so I’m not too worried and at the end of the day we are in the next round. The winner was scored by Gabriel Obertan in the 98th​ minute.

Stoke vs Newcastle
Probably our toughest test so far, everyone knows how hard it is playing Stoke as they are a very physical side but I still fancied our chances to come out of this match with a win.
Half time- Stoke 1-0 Newcastle
A late Ken Jones goal for them in the 45th​ minute meant that they went into half time with a slim lead but I know that my team can go out there and turnaround the came and maybe even get us a win but I would settle for a point after the first half.
Full time- Stoke 1-1 Newcastle
A Yohan Cabaye penalty in the 74th​ minute meant the points were shared. At the end of the day that is probably a fair result.

Monthly Review
An unbeaten month with some average performances but for next month we definitely have to improve coming up against Manchester United and Everton. The other games of the month are against Bolton and Leicester in the league cup.
Player of the month
Matt Jarvis- had to be Jarvis he had an awesome month in my opinion looked very dangerous against every side we played and could be a vital player this season in our push for a top 5 finish.

How did you get lallana and Jarvis for those prices lallana has always been at leat £3m and Jarvis at least £8m as well as zaha who has always been £7m. Anyway rant over. Some good signings there.
I added in there after international games which means I will have to pay them a large sum when they have played 10 games for England. Zaha has always been cheap on my other saves as has Jarvis.

September
Newcastle vs Everton
First game of the month I went to an Everton side that had started the season like a train and won all of their previous games including their last game against United. I knew this was going to be tough but once again I was confident in our ability to go out there and dominate the match.
Half time- Newcastle 2-0 Everton
We went 1-0 up through a Baines OG, and then made it 2-0 with a Jonas strike on the brink of half time.
Full time- Newcastle 3-0 Everton
Danny Welbeck scored a wonder chip in the 82nd​ minute to put the game beyond doubt. It was a brilliant result and first team to beat Everton this year.

Bolton vs Newcastle
I dropped Demba Ba for this game giving Welbeck his first start since his loan spell begun hoping it would pay off.
Half time- Bolton 0-2 Newcastle
Welbeck with his second goal in as many games gave us the lead then for a Bogdan OG to send us in looking good value for our lead at half time.
Full time- Bolton 1-5 Newcastle
WOW!!! What a second half 3 more goals for Welbeck and a consolation for them through David Ngog. I was very happy with that result even though it was a poor Bolton side. Welbeck had a stormer with 4 goals, turned out to be a great decision starting Welbeck ahead of Ba. If Welbeck keeps performing like that Demba might struggle to get back into the side.

Leicester vs Newcastle
Our second carling cup game came up against championship side Leicester City which will offer a much sterner test than offered by Morecambe so I put out a lot stronger side with Welbeck starting as he won’t be able to play on Saturday against his parent club United.
Half time- Leicester 0-3 Newcastle
Quality first half, no way back into this much for Leicester now in my opinion. Goals from Marveaux, Santon and Obertan.
Full time- Leicester 1-5 Newcastle
Another 5-1 victory puts us into the draw. I feel we could go a very long way in this competition even though we haven’t really been tested yet but a good performance. Second half goals were scored by Obertan who added his second of the game and a late goal for Welbeck.

Newcastle vs Manchester United
Now I think everyone knows that this will be our toughest test of the season so far, coming into this though I think we couldn’t be playing United at a better time they are in a poor run of form and we might be able to catch them and come away with 3 points. With Welbeck missing due to United being his parent team Demba Ba gets his starting position back.
Half time- Newcastle 1-0 United
Papiss Cisse has scored his first goal of the season in a first half where we dominated. United perhaps had the better of the first 10 minutes but we dominated the rest and go in looking good for the lead.
Full time- Newcastle 2-0 United
Wow what a result, Demba Ba getting our second on the hour mark. Wasn’t expecting to get such a good result against a strong United side. Only downside was Papiss Cisse tore his hamstring which is going to put him out for 2-3 months.
Monthly review
A brilliant month where we won every game coming up against much tougher opposition than we faced in the first month of the season but we still came out victorious, this season looks very bright if we can keep the likes of Ba and Welbeck on form.
Player of the month
Danny Welbeck- Outstanding month from the United loanee chipping in with 6 goals in 3 games. He will get a long run in the side with Cisse being out for a while and hopefully he can keep on banging them in.

October
Newcastle vs Aston Villa
After having such a good previous month in winning every game I think going into this match I expect us to do well and come away with 3 points.
Half time- Newcastle 1-2 Aston Villa
They started off strongly scoring 12 minutes in through there prolific striker Darren Bent but we equalised as Danny Welbeck continued his amazing form on 28 minutes with another good finish. On the 38th​ minute Bent put them back ahead but I still fancy us to get a point.
Full time- Newcastle 2-2 Aston Villa
A 73rd​ minute equaliser through Yohan Cabaye meant that we picked up a point and on the evidence of the stats it was probably the fairest result. Some good performances from the likes of Welbeck, Cabaye and Santon. Some promising signs in the match.

Newcastle vs West Brom
Would be very disappointed if we didn’t pick up 3 points from this game. West Brom have looked very poor in their previous matches, hopefully it is a chance for us to get back to winning ways with our strikers needing to contribute again.
Half time- Newcastle 0-0 West Brom
A bore first half but we looked more likely to make something happen.
Full time- Newcastle 3-0 West Brom
A Tamas OG put us ahead early in the second half, then with goals from Steven and Ryan Taylor to make this result very comfortable. West Brom did look very poor though so I still feel we need to up our game when we play against the bigger sides and be more alert.

Chelsea vs Newcastle
This was going to be even tougher than the United game in my opinion. I like the Chelsea side they look very good attacking but I feel my attackers could also do some damage to their defence with Petr Cech only making the bench for some strange reason. Which meant Hilario is in goal but I knew they would be hard to break down but I’m still hopeful for a point.
Half time- Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle
A first half that Chelsea dominated and look good. Deserve to be ahead, going to have to do a lot to save this game.
Full time- Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle
Demba Ba scored straight after half time giving me hope for a comeback but any hopes for the comeback were put straight off as 2 minutes later Kalou grabbed their 3rd​ and from there we didn’t really look in the game. Unbeaten run is over and our first defeat of the season.

Newcastle vs Spurs (league cup)
This being a competition that I want to do very well in and potentially win I know it is going to be tough though as Spurs are a very good side but I knew we have a strong enough squad to come out with a victory. Ben Arfa making his first start of the season since injury which gives me more confidence because everyone knows what he’s capable of.
Half time- Newcastle 1-1 Spurs
Youngster Andros Townsend put them ahead on the 41st​ minute so I was expecting to go in behind at the break until a brilliant goal from Ben Arfa on the brink of half time put us back on level terms.
Full time- Newcastle 3-1 Spurs
After a fantastic second half we booked our place in the quarter final! Goals were scored by Mike Williamson and Danny Welbeck and we absolutely dominated the second half and deserve our place in the quarters.
Arsenal vs Newcastle
This was also going to be a tough match which I wasn’t very confident coming into but you never know, especially after a fantastic result against a good Spurs side good week but some players are very tired which could make things tough for us at the Emirates.
Half time- Arsenal 2-1 Newcastle
They went 1-0 up on the 20th​ minute but Cabaye equalised in the 38th​ minute. Only for Walcott to score on the brink of half time.
Full time- Arsenal 4-1
They looked so much stronger in the second half. Just shows that a lot of work needs to be done if we are going to become a established top 4 side.

Month review
A poor month apart from the victory in the league cup. Played some good sides but aim to do much better in November and get more points on the board before we enter the Christmas period. We drew Liverpool in the quarters of the league cup which will be tough.
Player of the month
Yohan Cabaye- no players really stood out but he looked our best player but a poor month for everyone.