Domestic player balance? Can anyone explain it?

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
I have just started my 3rd season as Athletic Bilbao manager and while doing a random look at my own profile I noticed that my domestic player balance was just over half full! How can that be considering I can only play players from the Basque region of Spain (although Amorebieta is capped for Venezuela and Ruffier for France)?

How do they work it out? Is it the amount of youth players promoted through to the first team or the amount of players with the same nationality as your club? On both of those cases I have plenty.

Anyone have any ideas on how it is worked out or has anyone actually filled the whole bar?

It's called 'Domestic player bias' and it's based on the amount of player you buy - since you probably haven't bought much, and Ruffier is one of those you bought...

It's called 'Domestic player bias' and it's based on the amount of player you buy - since you probably haven't bought much, and Ruffier is one of those you bought...

Signed about 25 players or so so surely I should still have it full. Will keep working on it!

Signed about 25 players or so so surely I should still have it full. Will keep working on it!

Hm... in that case I can't be sure of the reason. In my current save I've signed exactly the same amount of foreigners and locals and it's stuck in the middle.