VeLiKi

Reaction score
I'm thinking about trying this now in FM. I want to start a lower league game, but I need some general pointers. What's it like? What should I expect? What should I look out for? What team would you recommend? One aiming for the top, and the higher league; or a club that is very happy with the league they're in, thus the middle of the table...or a small one, just looking to survive and escape relegation?
I've been playing FM for over a year now, and I always played with the club whose logo you can see on my avatar. They have a youth academy, decent coaches, but are in financial turmoil, being that they're 20 mil in debt, so I'm limited to scouting Europe only. But still, their aim is always winning the league and taking as much as you can from European games.
I heard that the only way to actually learn to play FM is by managing lover league teams. So..tips please?

I struggle to get into a game if i'm not Rangers sad i know but i would love to get into LLM

Taking over a past giant is a good way to get a taste of lower league management, if you really fancy a challenge start a international career as a team 150+ ranked in world... thats a challenge !

try huddersfield in npower leauge 1, just got to the premiership with them. got 13 million when promoted to championship, so you have a bit to play with.

Load up a custom database of a nation that is really scraping the barrel of world football, and using the new dynamic reputation improve the league's standard of football and therefore regens and take the national job when you can and try and improve them.

I always start unenployed and always get a job in BSN/BSS then i wait for some bigger team wanting to sign me, but it never happens, so i keep accepting the contracts my team offers me until i get an offer from a team that has bigger stadium, better finances and stuff.

But doing all the way from BS to Premier seems to be an amazing challenge, considering you start with small stadium, no money, no one to fill the stadium, **** players, **** coaches, etc.

Seeign the stadium slowly getting filled by people is amazing tho, currently i started having an average of 300 people and now it's 4k ! Just 2 seasons after! Very rewarding!
You get to see the growth of your team, doing all you can not only to win on the field but also to have a decent finantial status so you can start getting some money to improve infrastructure.
I love it, did it once with Droylsden but got bored after 6 seasons in the Championship, restarted recently with Woking and enjoying it.

In my opinion it's the most realistic way of playing, also put your reputation to the lowest possible, so players will not come on loan from bigger teams.

League 1 is not really LLM, I would not dare to go past League 2 because football gets really ****** then. I would advise playing in Wales,my neighbor is hooked on a game with them and it seems really fun.

I downloaded additional leagues -- currently playing in the ADL (American Developmental League) with the Dayton Dutch Lions. The league repuation is only half a star! Hoping to get picked up by a bigger team. I started as unemployed / Sunday League player.
Sadly there is no promotion or relegation at this level. You just have to move up to a bigger team yourself based on your own reputation. In American League 2 and 3 there is promotion and relegation though.

In England I really enjoyed playing with Boston United.
The have a decent training and youth setup and a stadium that will at least give you a couple of promotions before it becomes too small.

Other than that, if you're really new to LLM (by whatever community rules you define that....), try managing a team outside of England. There are some excellent custom databases out there for the lower tiers of Europe, and for the most part you are not as restricted in who you sign as you are with the work permit situation in England.

Do a save in Africa. Get a custom database of cameroon, tunisia, ghana, Ivory Coast etc...

see if you can get a job offer in europe!