Starting a new game of FM 2012... what should I be aware of?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonny Red
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Jonny Red

Reaction score
Hello all

I'd like to ask for some advice as to the best ways to start a new game of FM2012.

In previous versions of the game I've simply gone for a cull of the backroom staff to take on some of my own choices, assessed my squad in the pre-season friendlies and then tried to scout for players to fill the gaps that became apparent.

I've just got back into the FM series with the 2012 game and to be honest, I'm a bit bewildered by all of the options that are available to tinker with and tweak so I'm finding myself just clicking to accept the advice coming from my backroom staff (which to be honest, doesn't seem to be doing me any favours).

Any advice people could offer as to the things that they look to do in the pre-season to get off to a good start (and why you do it), would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hey Jon.

I can tell you what i usually do when i start a new game.

I like to bring in some quality staff. I always get a look at club's personnel, and get rid of non-needed coaches. And always get a good assistant.

Also, i like to play my friendlies myself,to see,how my team is fitting, and try to use all the players available. After 4-5 friendlies with teams of your level, you'll see, which positions you need to get stronger.

After this, i usually make some transfers. If i have no money for this, or it's not enough, it's a good idea to get some players sold.

A good start is not always winning all the matches. You must make the team do what you want. Use tactics, player talks, private chat etc.

Hope it helps, wish you a good game.

Sry for my bad english, if it's hard to understand..
I'm from Russia :)

Thanks for the advice Snowflakey.

By the way, your english is very good :)

Thanks again

J

You're welcome. Let me know, how you're game is going, if it's not hard for you ;)

Id be careful about mking too many changes with your playing squad as this can disrupt the harmony within the team. i once had a clear out at man u in the first transfer windown (got rid of berbatov, gibson, owen, park, valencia, lindegaard and bought in eriksen, hulk and about 3 young prospects fro the reserves) and it probably took about 3-4 months for the team to gel despite no major changes to the tactics and backroom staff.

also if your a smaller club and in need of cash - try and organise a few friendlys against high profile teams pre seson to boost your income!

Back