starting a new season with Man Utd... for the 7th time

• Thread starter Thread starter IIxRossco
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3K

IIxRossco

Reaction score
can someone help me actually maintain a game??, i get to about Febuary then start a new save :S

1) buy different players
2) load up different nations
3) set yourself personal/team goals
4) have a 5 year plan
5) create tactics
6) train up wonderkids to see how they develop
7) pay off their debts as one of your goals
8) start with a smaller/harder team/nation
9) motivate yourself, we cannot do it for you!
10) give Fm a break for a week or two then come back to it

can someone help me actually maintain a game??, i get to about Febuary then start a new save :S

try a weaker team its hard to motivate yourself when its not a challenge take a team in championship and build a squad fo the prem and i always find its easier to stay in a game if your bringing youth through as you want to take them to be top class players!

alright thanks people :), any recomended teams to use in the lower leagues?

Crawley are pretty good as they have quite a lot of money. Can't give much advice as only have saves with Chelsea,Crawley and Leicester.;)

simple don't be Man U. It's not that enjoyable to just always buy the best players and win every game. Start with a lesser team, and try to build a club from fairly humble beginnings. Or start unemployed and try and carve out a career for yourself, eventually then you can work your way up to the Man U job

Well. ManU just isn't fun to play, the only real challlenge is managing the debt, otherwise playing is way too easy.

I disagree with the last 2 replies. I think any save can be fun really. It all depends on what you want out of it and how you go about doing it.

I agree gee.

OP, try looking at the Challenges&Scenario's thread, makes things really interesting!

Just keep at it, buy different players and buy wonderkids and train them up, see how good they can get.

Definitely try being a lower down team. I'm playing as Wimbledon and have just started my second season. I just missed the playoff positions in my first season, but it's made me more determined to get promotion this year. It's such a good feeling beating a team in a higher league than you in the cup. Or clinching a deal for a player that's much better than your squads average standard.

Even when you're losing, you've just got to stick with it, and it really does pay off.

Raikan007
Has gave you some great advice but if you are man united the game is to easy i support them and in my first year won every single trpohy and i stoped playing i dont like being them because it is to easy be a team that you can make into a new powerhouse teams like spurs sunderland or evan try a lower league team the championship is a great league to play in loads of twist and if you been man uited for seven timees the 8 time will just be the same.

I sometimes have the same problem but I find if you put the Match view as 2D and top speed for first season, (dont rush the managing) once you've got the fist season done then you've got a decent transfer budget and will feel you've achieved something. Then you might be a bit more happy that you can see the squad improving.

Just speaking for myself (obviously), but i played most of the top 10 teams in PL , several in other big leagues and United was by far most boring. Team is so young and dynamic compared to other powerhouse clubs that you don't really have to do anything.

Even Real M. was more fun because competing with Barca is far from easy.

Some teams that are fun to play that can be top notch after 1-2-3 seasons if you're not interested in lower league football:

- Spurs: they have a lot of money and you can buy top players
- Everton: some decent players to sell so you can buy some wonderkids - high debt so another challenge
- Newcastle: they have fairly decent players allready
- Ajax : might not be a challenge in the league, but a definite challenge in Europe

Good luck and have fun!

Back