Starting FM2012 using an older version...?

• Thread starter Thread starter thehoyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

thehoyle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wanting to start a new game on FM2012, but I can only select the latest patch, after the January transfers update.

However, I want to start fm with the patch that was released before. Only problem I have is that steam has automatically overwritten any other patches, and I am not able to find any official patches available foe download.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Phil

Patches and databases are two different things.

There have been numerous patches, which have fixed bugs and made other other improvements. However, only 1 patch has included a new database with transfers, managerial changes, financial changes (administration, board takeovers etc) and so on.

So yes, your game is on the latest patch, and it is neither recommended nor possible to 'roll back' to a previous version, the latest patch always ensures the most bug and error free experience.

However, when it comes to databases you have two choices, you can load the game with the database as it was on game release day at the start of the season (default) or you can load the game with the January transfer updates included (12.2.0 update)

The latest version is 12.2.2 but this was not a database change, just a bug fix, so there is no 12.2.2 database that can be loaded.

I hope this has cleared everything up for you. :)

Back