Starting Strategies Help?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fanty111
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 876

Fanty111

Reaction score
Never been good against setting up against the bigger teams, can anyone give me an insight how to give them a run for the money? cheers guys

If you're expected to lose and I have a relatively fast forward line then I normally start with a counter strategy with a high tempo, basically hoping that someone will take the ball and run the length of the pitch and score or that someone will send a long ball for my strikers to latch onto. If I take the lead early then i tend to change to defensive. Hope that helped :)

i have 1 tactic saved that i made just for say fa cup games against bigger teams in my longterm save,

its just a rigid 4-4-2..playing really direct,hard tackling..my 2 centre backs are on limited defender roles so they constantly stay back..i like to imagine them being old school defenders,no messing about..just win the ball and clear it! seemed to of worked for me along the way..try setting a similiar type of tactic up and try it out mate!

if im playin well il go 45 min normal try get a goal. if i score il play 4 at the back with 2 defence mid and defend rest of game.

or il defend first atk 2nd half depends how my time playin before that

My starting tactics as an "underdog" is usually 4-1-4-1. one DM as "anchorman", one CM with defensive duties and one Deep lying playmaker with support-duties. I then use a fast striker and fast wingers for counter attacking. My defensive players are set to send long passes and crosses upwards, while attackers are set to "move into channels".
Even if you score first, and change to even more defensive tactics, it is good to leave an agressive attacking striker up the pitch, to occupy the opponents CB's etc.

Go for it with an attacking option, forget about dropping off and defending, if you watch football that often results in a draw and a defeat in the replay for the smaller teams, however if you have a go (I'm thinking Crawley) you stand a better chance I feel, get into them with hard tackling, fast tempo, maybe drop a striker into the whole behind the other and tell him to rain shots in on goal! Thats what I would do personally...

Back