Starting Unemployed

• Thread starter Thread starter seanhrfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

seanhrfc

Reaction score
Just wondering how many people do this? What kind of careers have you had?

I have just started a new game Unemployed with Sunday League Experience. Going to be playing it as realistically as possible, loaded up to English tier 9.

i like to do it, struggle to keep interest in the file though as i move clubs when i do it so i don't get the same feeling of accomplishment as bringing the same team up from blue square to championship. i have noticed on fm13 theres not as many job offers and speculation as on fm12, i think i would get myself sacked by linking to other jobs every other week desperate to move up the ladder

Been offered first bunch of jobs, gone for one that is near-ish to me so Croydon F.C.

Obviously first steps are to build a decent squad to go up the leagues, but im going to be on the look out for the next stepping stone. Don't want to force it too much though.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but couldn't really find a similar thread, or see the point in making a brand new one.

I've done the same thing with as the OP, started a new game as an unemployed manager with Sunday League reputation, with level 9 English tier database available, along with a few other major nations loaded up in the hope of a big job available somewhere in the distant future. For some realism as well.

I applied for all available manager jobs, even the ones you'd expect to be out of reach with my starting reputation. Obviously got plenty of interest from the teams at the bottom leagues as you'd expect, and a few lowly foreign teams too. Yet the very first offer I received is from FC Twente..... is this a bug? Or are the Dutch leagues just not considered that prestigious in the game? The Eredivisie is rated 3 stars, and FC Twente are in the Europa League. Either way, it's unrealistic. Thoughts?

Back