FrankFizzle

Reaction score
Hi all - exactly as the thread title states, has anyone tried signing / training all their outfield players with high passing stats & employing a short passing formation? Theoretically it would work & be effective, right?

Yeah but it would also need things like positioning and first touch aswell to work if you want to play short quick passes.

No good having 20 passing if the target is marked and then when they do get the ball their touch lets them down :p

But no, not tried it

You are correct - I would have to keep an eye out for those stats too. Half decent defenders should have adequate positioning stats & the same goes with strikers & midfielders first touch. I've got to the point where I need to try something different, spent 8 seasons with FC Halifax & can't get above 5th. Now just need to find a 5 star coach in the technical area.....

Hi all - exactly as the thread title states, has anyone tried signing / training all their outfield players with high passing stats & employing a short passing formation? Theoretically it would work & be effective, right?
I do this most of the time, and yes its effective, even if it can be a tad one dimentional at times, and struggle against teams that press you aggressively and are good at winning the ball back (this is not so much of a problem if your team has a high reputation thought since then the AI will play more defensive then)

that said many mental attributes are probably more important then then passing attribute for a style like this, composure (so that the player dont panic when put under pressure), decisions (to pick the correct passing option), creativity (to spot a wider range of passing options)