Steam Parked the Tank Challenge

• Thread starter Thread starter W4NKER
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7K

W4NKER

Reaction score

There are many things that frustrate me about FM12 but none more so than the inability to keep clean sheets! Over various saves I've played about 25+ seasons, most with Man Utd or Barcelona. However I've never unlocked the 10 clean sheets in a row steam achievement. I can get to 8 or 9 in a row then be 4-0 up in the 10th game and concede in the 89th minute and its doing my head in! According to steam 10.9% of online players have unlocked this achievement (some have even unlocked the 30 clean sheets achievement!).

Anyway, the point of this thread...

1) Has anyone here on FM-Base unlocked this achievement?

2) If so, what tactic did you use?

I have, but it was in my update with rangers in div 3, as i ran the game as a tester

it was really easy, only conceded 5 at Christmas

I have, but it was in my update with rangers in div 3, as i ran the game as a tester

it was really easy, only conceded 5 at Christmas
I've thought about starting a new save just to get these achievements. What leagues would you consider the best/easiest to do this? I'm thinking Scotland (Celtic) or Portugal (Porto).

Did it in the Eredivisie (& CL Group stages) with FC Twente. I don't play a particularly defensive formation but concede 8-20 goals a season.

UzrwR.png

phd00.png

Just bear in mind that there are some people of the 10% that "save-load" ;)

Lee in what year did you do it?
Did you have world class players and IF NO what was your success to the Champions League with this tactic?
Can you post more details about it?

Sorry for question flame :D

But i love not conceeding even if i am not winning

Did it in the Eredivisie (& CL Group stages) with FC Twente. I don't play a particularly defensive formation but concede 8-20 goals a season.

UzrwR.png

phd00.png
Have you uploaded that tactic anywhere?

See this **** really ****** me off! FM12 is on the brink of being unistalled!

View attachment 259934

Now i know results like this happen in real life. Of course they do but in my opinion they are happening far to often to me in my saves

Just bear in mind that there are some people of the 10% that "save-load" ;)

Lee in what year did you do it?
Did you have world class players and IF NO what was your success to the Champions League with this tactic?
Can you post more details about it?

Sorry for question flame :D

But i love not conceeding even if i am not winning

It was sometime around 2017 when I achieved this (can't be exact) but my team wasn't full of World Class players. My team was all young rnewgens except for Bashkim Kadrii as my AMC.

vS9SM.png

I'll be honest, if the Eredivisie wasn't so easy I probably wouldn't do so well in the CL. Being able to freely rest players so that I can field a full strength team for each CL tie is very useful.

Have you uploaded that tactic anywhere?

Nop but here it is if you want to have a look...

View attachment 259936

Cheers Lee, I'll give it a go. If it doesnt work me and FM12 are done :@

I did it with Inter first season using My Italian Narrow 4312 team Tactic. I actually did it 2 times during that season ( never after or before in any save though )

I managed it in about 2030-2031 season with 1860 Munchen. It helped that i had 2 world class centre backs, a world class full back and defensive midfielder (all regens of course)

AT LONG F**KING LAST!!!

View attachment 264674

Using a tweaked version of the Grid Stand Off tactic. Seeing the final 3 fixtures I thought 'there's no chance of me getting this' but there you go. Next to unlock the 20 and 30 clean sheets. No chance of this in my opinion unless I cheat (save and load) or take over a big club in a totally **** league

I have done this before, with Raith (Scottish first div)- The league is so balanced that it is easy with the right tactics.

Got 11 in a row then conceded to ******. Ah well.

Immovable object, Don't concede in 30 games?

ur worried about the 10 ;)

think SI needs to rethink these. only way to do these is to cheat it out somehow..

Put a EPL team in the hong kong league.

AT LONG F**KING LAST!!!

View attachment 264674

Using a tweaked version of the Grid Stand Off tactic. Seeing the final 3 fixtures I thought 'there's no chance of me getting this' but there you go. Next to unlock the 20 and 30 clean sheets. No chance of this in my opinion unless I cheat (save and load) or take over a big club in a totally **** league

I have been using the Grid Stand Off tactic with Chievo for 5 seasons now and it is the best tactic I have tried in FM12 by a long shot! What have you tweaked with it?

Well after a few seasons it's easy enough to go multiple seasons unbeaten but if someone can do a season or at least the 30 games without conceding and honestly say they didn't cheat I'll be impressed.

I have been using the Grid Stand Off tactic with Chievo for 5 seasons now and it is the best tactic I have tried in FM12 by a long shot! What have you tweaked with it?
Changed Man Marking to Zonal. Grid author suggests it on his website if you are a big team with good defenders. And added the striker tweak that is about the forums. Match Prep Low and Attacking Movement.

*I dont know if this has a direct effect on the tactic but I started doing the pre- and post-match press conferences before achieving them results. Suppose it guarantees good moral. Theres always the possibilty of the assistant manager giving a stupid answer

*I dont know if this has a direct effect on the tactic but I started doing the pre- and post-match press conferences before achieving them results. Suppose it guarantees good moral.

Yes it does !! :)

Back