Steam problems, again...

• Thread starter Thread starter Gravity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Gravity

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Right, so like others I've been having problems, and its getting pretty annoying.

Quick note I'm working on a Mac

Started yesterday that I was trying to launch the game and got the unavailable pop-up, also when i do launch the game it is also forcing a Validation, which it hadn't been doing before the problem started. I can re-validate as many times as i want but its not getting me anywhere. Tried a few other methods, changing download region, changing the ClientReg name, reinstalling FM, reinstalling steam. And making no progress whatsoever.

Got up an early-ish time this morning to try and catch steam when it was at a low point, but of course I still got the same old errors. In my library the game is stuck at Download Starting, when I look at the downloads tab theres no activity at all, unless I change the ClientReg name again, then the download does show but its Paused, sometimes switching the suspended. The annoying thing I can't change it, the resume download button doesn't do anything.

Thrown a few screens up if it helps at all?

My first screen, top corner stuck on Download Starting.

Second screen, download clearly not there or making any movement.

Third, trying to launch the game, forced Validation going on in the background.

Don't know why its paused, I haven't told Steam to do that.

Just clarifying that i haven't paused it...

My App Support folder for Steam.

Any help with this? Cheers in advance!

Quick edit: My download is now Suspended according to steam

I note you have played for 22 hours. This is probably the update downlaoding. Sorry to ask some fairly obvious questions.

Are you connected to the internet? Is steam in offline mode?

Yea, my internet is connected, Steam is online. I know about the update, but I don't know if its actually downloading or not as i said it reads Download Starting and thats about it. Also noticed its eating my internet speed, don't know if thats a good sign or not?

Will try the steps again when I can but I won't hold my breath about it. Haven't upgraded or updated my OS at all.

Thanks for the tips, will try them and get back to you.

Back