Reaction score
Steffs Scandinavian Adventure.
Ive decided to start up my own idea of a challenge,never ever set one up so i thought i would give it a go,so i hope u all join me!!

A brief introduction

In this challenge you have to load up the Scandinavian leagues(no custom leagues) Norway,Finland,Sweden,Denmark,Iceland(optional) with the lowest possible division,Starting off as a manager with an "automatic reputation".

The Main aim of the challenge is to try get as far as you possibly can,you can accept any job offers if they decide to come along,if you get sacked dont start again just keep applying for jobs.

Dont load up any other nations just keep it as "Scandinavian" as you possibly can!!!

RE-CAP OF THE SETUP

*Standard 14.3 database
*You can use transfer updates if you wish,as i will be using a latest transfer update(Steve's)
*Attribute masking is entirely up to yourself,i wont be using it personally
*Remember to start off unemployed make it more challenging

AIM OF THE CHALLENGE IS TO WIN TOP LEAGUE OF YOUR RESPECTIVE NATION AND THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE=CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!!

RULES!!!

*Dont cheat guys,just be honest as you possibly can if you arent very good like me
embarrassedsmiley.gif
thats all part of the game,if you like to show off your credentials great!!! Just pointless doing it if you are going to mess about.

*If anyone tries this,give us all a bit of input to how your save is coming along on the thread,as i will too make the effort to do so
*Again if you get sacked just keep plodding along see where you end up
*NO DOWNLOADED TACTICS ALLOWED i dont have any,tactics that i use within any of my saves are of my own doing and are not in anyway from another source,personally see it as pointless to be honest.

Thats about it really,again as i said earlier in the post,this is my first ever challenge that i have set-up personally so any suggestions/feedback etc are more than welcome,so i do hope that a few people will join me in this!!!

Also feel free to leave your steam I'ds then we can all set up a group page specifically for this challenge in particular.Mines is Mystic_defender
Thanks guys,hope to speak to you all soon.

Last edited:
I'm going to give it a go
Nice one mate,glad to hear you are giving it a shot 51Prop51,remember to post up some pics of how your save is going from time to time,just make sure you follow the rules of the challenge.

Have Fun.

View attachment 345206

So after a few Job interviews throughout different various countries in the lower reaches of Scandinavia a part time team called Kvik Halden FK have decided to take a chance on me.

Who are Kvik Halden FK you hear yourself ask?
Kvik Halden FK is a Norwegian Football club, founded on 19 June 1906.

The club plays in the Norwegian Second Division from 2011. In 2010 it contested a playoff to win promotion, and succeeded by beating Eik-Tonsberg 5–1 on aggregate.

In 1997, a merger between the two Halden-based clubs FK Kvik and Halden FK resulted in the formation of Kvik Halden FK. Long before the merger, FK Kvik was informally known as Kvik Halden anyway, to avoid confusion with the other FK Kvik from Trondheim. FK Kvik was the older and better of the two, but Halden FK had a rather large base of young players. The merger was controversial, and has been criticized by some who claim that the result of the merger was that FK Kvik simply took over Halden FK.

Kvik Halden's only claim to fame came in 1918, when the club (then FK Kvik) won the Norwegian Cup, beating SK Brann in the final. FK Kvik played two other Cup Finals, in 1915 and 1922, but lost both, both times to Odd Greddland.

After World War II the team has never played in the highest football division. Prior to World War II, Kvik had several players on the national team and was in the very top of Norwegian football.

View attachment 345205

With a first look at the club theres not too much to be working with to be honest,a very basic first team squad with a transfer budget of 6k,lot of strengthening throughout the squad needed.

View attachment 345203

I also fired all the backroom staff,harsh you may say but i personally feel that i can get better staff statistically.

View attachment 345202

This is my starting tactic for the season,after assesing the players i have this would be best suited i reckon.

Wish me luck guys.

Last edited:
PRE SEASON OVERVIEW

played 5 pre season games one in particular against a Stromgodset reserve side which was quite a good game considering the staure of my team.Also went on a tour of Sweden to test some local teams with the main aim of getting the fitness levels up.Some good results overall in the five games played so the team looks like its ready to go for the main season.

View attachment 344575

Also the overall statistics of the squad over the course of the pre season again looks good,and with some good performances from a young lad called Ole Stromsborg looking good in particular.
View attachment 344570

TRANSFERS

A rebuilding of the squad was vastly needed as the playing staff was very light,not much of a budget so had to heavily rely on bosman's etc and the knowledge of my one and only scout!!!!

View attachment 344569

TACTICS

I have decided to stay with the original tactic i designed as per OP states,seems to have served me well in the few games so far but the real test will be obviously the main season itself.A respectable league table position is required as well as reaching the 2nd round of the cup.Surely i can do that!!!!

View attachment 344568

how did u manage to finish that quickly? are u playing in FMC mode? Im playing in full mode only 5games into the season.Great cup win over Kongsvinger though who are a league above.Pictures later. Glad you are enjoying the save.will u be sticking around with it?

"Heja Sverige!"

This looks like a good challenge, Steff. I have a bit of a weak spot for Swedish football in particular, having been to IFK Uddevalla's distinctive Kamratgarden ground - which has a mountain in one corner of it and was where Pele made his World Cup debut in 1958. Uddevalla lost 0-2 to IFK Norrkopping in the game that I attended, in about 1995 or 96. IFK Goteborg were perennial champions of Sweden back then, and Rosenborg of Norway were also a very good side.

Anyway, I like to have club badges in my game and I imagine some of you do, too - so here's a link to a zipped folder that you can download from my Dropbox containing badges for the majority of teams in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden - complete with config files. A mixture of styles but you'll hardly notice that in-game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cak8hvtu5nbkem5/Scandinavia.zip

Enjoy!

"Heja Sverige!"

This looks like a good challenge, Steff. I have a bit of a weak spot for Swedish football in particular, having been to IFK Uddevalla's distinctive Kamratgarden ground - which has a mountain in one corner of it and was where Pele made his World Cup debut in 1958. Uddevalla lost 0-2 to IFK Norrkopping in the game that I attended, in about 1995 or 96. IFK Goteborg were perennial champions of Sweden back then, and Rosenborg of Norway were also a very good side.

Anyway, I like to have club badges in my game and I imagine some of you do, too - so here's a link to a zipped folder that you can download from my Dropbox containing badges for the majority of teams in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden - complete with config files. A mixture of styles but you'll hardly notice that in-game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cak8hvtu5nbkem5/Scandinavia.zip

Enjoy!

Thank you very much rocheyb,thats very kind of you.Why dont you give the challenge a go? Im currently a team in Norway,and im led to be aware of there is a team in Sweden active too.

Again thanks for the share!!!!
Greetings from Scotland here :)

how did u manage to finish that quickly? are u playing in FMC mode? Im playing in full mode only 5games into the season.Great cup win over Kongsvinger though who are a league above.Pictures later. Glad you are enjoying the save.will u be sticking around with it?

They had 8 games played when i took over. Am playing the full game not FMC. i only signed a few free players so it didn't take me long. Yeah i will be continuing this save, i have a few new faces in already, players and staff. Looking forward to the start of next season.

Thank you very much rocheyb,thats very kind of you.Why dont you give the challenge a go? Im currently a team in Norway,and im led to be aware of there is a team in Sweden active too.

Again thanks for the share!!!!
Greetings from Scotland here :)

I'm still wrapped up in my mammoth Southampton save, which I'll probably stick with until FM16. I play in the Comprehensive match animation view so it takes me a while to complete a season. I'm up to 2024/25 and I have just gone top of the Premier League with 9 games played after recovering from 0-2 down to West Brom at half-time to win 3-2 with an injury time winner! I've won the League twice before but the Champions League still eludes me.

I'm still wrapped up in my mammoth Southampton save, which I'll probably stick with until FM16. I play in the Comprehensive match animation view so it takes me a while to complete a season. I'm up to 2024/25 and I have just gone top of the Premier League with 9 games played after recovering from 0-2 down to West Brom at half-time to win 3-2 with an injury time winner! I've won the League twice before but the Champions League still eludes me.

Glad to hear that your save is going well,i will have a look at those logos you shared-thanks again!!!

Back on topic,will be posting another few updates of my save soon everyone!!

Pre season Overview

Friendlies
We played 12 friendlies this pre season, 8 wins, 3 draws and we lost 1. It was a pretty good pre season only losing the one and if i was going by the stats it shouldn't of been a 3-0 lost. Our new striker Mwafulirwa got 7 pre season goals so hopefully he can continue that into the season. Our captain of this season Wahl got 6 scores from the right wing.
View attachment 343578

Transfers
We made a lot of new signing to strengthen our squad and a good few left that wasn't up to scratch and wasn't going to feature this season.

GK - Djordje Babalj - 32 - Serbia
View attachment 343575

LB - Oluwaseyi Abolaji - 30 - Nigeria
View attachment 343574

CM - Marten Gustavsson - 28 - Sweden
View attachment 343573

CAM - Darko Trajcev - 26 - Macedonia
View attachment 343572

STR - Russell Mwafulirwa - 31 - Malawi
View attachment 343571

Expectations
This season the minimum expectation is a respectable league position and the 2nd round of the cup. I think we can achieve this easily enough with the squad i got (Hopefully!).
View attachment 343570