Steve Kean - perhaps he WAS the best man for the job!

Spikeyboots

Reaction score
Well, it turns out Steve Kean (*I shudder just saying this*) and Henning Berg were not doing that too bad a job. It just happens that Blackburn have an unworkable team.
With words that shocked the lancashire town, Shebby Singh appointed a rookie manager to take charge of Blackburn Rovers. After everything that had gone on at Rovers over the last two years whatever Shebby did, nothing should have been a surprise to these poor fans.

The manager stamped his mark, terminating the contracts of all the backroom staff that he felt were not up to the job and replacing them with his chosen members.
A sign of the things to come was soon evident as the manager oversaw his team take on the reserves in a friendly at Ewood Park that the fans could watch for free. The first team surprisingly lost, but what was more puzzling was the manager's decision in only taking three substitutes! Was he stupid? His neglect of his team cost him with injuries to three key players that would rule them out for the rest of pre-season. When asked why this had happened the excuse from this amateur was far from understandable.
"I allowed all the reserves and under 18 team members to play for the second string, unfortunately this didn't leave me with the number of substitutes that I would have ideally liked."
Pre-season continued with the manager promising week after week that a new signing would be forthcoming, until finally, it was announced. On transfer deadline day he proudly announced the signing of Pepe Diaz, a free signing who had plied his trade in the Spanish lower divisions all of his career.
"It is hard to find anyone to improve this team on my budget of £500k." the manager said.
The season had started with a glimmer of hope which was not previously seen in the pre-season friendlies. The first three league games brought a win, a draw and a loss.
No loan signings and no further freebies; the team suffered from having no recognised right back or right midfielder. Lowe and Vuckevic given those tasks solely to themselves except for the U18 squad members that would fill in occassionally.
In mid September Blackburn rose to a lofty 5th but come the end of November when they faced the impossible task of high flying Wolves, they found themselves in 21st and staring at successive relegations.
The manager played down their chances and any quick change in the fortunes citing that hard work was now crucial to their cause.
Jordan Rhodes was on target twice as Blackburn recorded an unlikely 2-0 victory but the celebrations were short lived, and the following game resulted in a 1-5 loss at home to fellow strugglers Peterborough.
Shebby Singh made an instant decision and sacked the manager before more of the fans were driven away from the seats of Ewood Park.

Fortunately for the manager, his new laptop has arrived and he is prepared to do it all over again.