Steven Gerrard - A Managers Story

Reaction score
View attachment 116937
And there it was, after 19 brilliant years I'm hanging up my boots. Its been the hardest decision of my life but over the past few months I've just felt it in my body maybe its time to go. I'm not the player I once was. Mentally yes, but physically no. I haven't lost any love for the game though, I will be moving into coaching now.

I was never going to leave the sport that has given me so much when I finished playing, not a chance. I have a long term goal in my managerial career when it finally comes around, and thats something I never got to do as a player. Win the Premier League with Liverpool Football Club.

But first, I have to take some time off to assess my options and speak to the most influential people who have helped me through this amazing career. I need to look at getting my badges done and use my experience as a player to make a wise choice about where my next chapter is, do I want to dive straight into management or learn my trade at a club I know would probably take me?

View attachment 116934
Welcome to - Steven Gerrard - A Managers Story

I'm Back!

Last edited:
View attachment 116834

Klopp It!
View attachment 116833
25th November 2016

One thing everyone knew when I retired is that I would have interest in Liverpool Football Club, of course I would. They politely invited me down to training with the squad to have a look at things. This was obviously my dream place to manage, but is it too soon to jump straight in the deep end and manage a club?

Who better to speak to than Jurgen Klopp, a man who speaks nothing but his mind no matter who is watching. I'd go to training to check some of his coaching methods and soak as much information up while I was there, and also to have a good chat with him.

"Am I ready yet do you think? Do you need the best coaching badges and years of coaching or can I take my experiences from playing into the game?"

"Steven, I would like to tell you that you need all the badges in the world and the coaching experience but if you feel you know the game, then you are ready. I have an offer for you here with me, I would like you to work with us as one of our first team coaches, but if you're ready, then go for it."

Wow. One of the reasons I left for LA was because Brendan Rodgers never offered me that coaching role, now to be one of the first team coaches and learn from one of the best around? Its a lot to think about thats for sure.

View attachment 1090759

Reading And Marseille Battle For Gerrard
View attachment 116549

Steven Gerrard is thought to be in discussions with two clubs about a managerial role. With Reading and Marseille interested in his services. Gerrard, 36, recently retired from his 19 year playing career and sky sources suggest that he has turned down a coaching role at Liverpool to pursue a career in management.

Reading are currently 18th in the Championship having lost their last 4 games in a row, while Marseille are at the foot of the table in Ligue 1.

Gerrard is yet to comment on the speculation but it is thought that the former Liverpool and England star would prefer to manage in the UK rather than abroad.

View attachment 116547
The Job Hunt
View attachment 116546
6th December 2016

I had made my decision, and that was to go into management rather than coaching. I feel ready, I feel more than ready. I was offered an interview for Marseille but I declined, I don't think French football is the best place for me to start my career as a manager. Now I just have to find out where is.

Werder Bremen have recently let go of their manager and sit just above the drop in the Bundesliga. I'm not sure if its something that would interest me, but I would like to have a club before the turn of the new year. It means I can evaluate the squad and make some changes if needed.

I'm applying for it, whats the worst that could happen?

View attachment 1090779

Swansea Sack Bradley

View attachment 116535
Swansea City have today parted company with manager Bob Bradley after a poor start to the Premier League campaign. Swansea find themselves 19th in the league after only picking up 12 points from 18 games. Bradleys final game in charge was a 3-1 loss to Tottenham Hotspurs.

Steven Gerrard and Mircea Lucescu are the leading candidates to succeed Bradley in the hot seat. Andres Villas-Boas is also a shock candidate to be named in the run in for the job.

View attachment 116533

Swansea it is!
View attachment 116531
Swansea offered me the job instantly after Bob Bradley was sacked. It wasnt a tough decision to make. I'm managing in the Premier League, at a club who want to play good football. Its a perfect place to start. I'm taking over training the day before my first game in charge. An F.A cup away game at Wolves. Hopefully we can grab a win to start my management career off.

View attachment 116530
We're currently out of the relegation zone as the lads picked up 6 points out of a possible 9 while I was offered the job. Hopefully we can kick on now and push for a mid table finish. A large part of that is down to if I can keep Gulfi Sigurson for the rest of the season. He currently want out as league leaders Man City are interested in him.

View attachment 116529
Hopefully we can get a result in the first 4 games. Wolves and Bournemouth away wont be easy and Chelsea is a game you can never expect to win. Lets hope that we can pick up some points and progress to the fourth round of the F.A Cup.

View attachment 116528

Back