Steves FM Touch Tablet "Part Pentagon Challenge"

LutterworthFox

Premium
Reaction score
Confused by the title? Same here! I really couldn't think what to call it so let me explain!

When I heard FM Touch (Classic) was going to be cross-compatible (between tablet and PC) I was excited, I work shifts and work lots of nights and weekend where I don't do much and have plenty of time to play FM, I cant take my laptop to work but am allowed my Tablet so FM Touch is perfect for me when at work.

One save that I really enjoyed on Fm14 and Fm15 was the Pentagon Challenge so I have saved myself this challenge until FM Touch came out for Tablets.

But then a hitch occurred, SI had made it so you could only have 3 playable nations on any one save, the reasons they say is anymore and the game wouldn't run on Tablets even high-end ones.

So my Pentagon Save idea had been crushed. Then I had a chat with some guys who run a website about FM Mobile and they made me realise I can still do some kind of challenge where I win continental Champions Leagues.

If you have Mexico loaded they have teams in both the South and North American Champions League! Wow! Their schedule must be nuts!

So here is my "Part Pentagon Challenge". I will pick 3 nations to load on my tablet version of FM Touch or FMT as I'll call it from now on), one of them being Mexico and my aim is to win the 4 available Champions Leagues.

So which Nations shall I load? Well to make it a bit more difficult and entertaining I wont be using the usual "big" Nations like England, Spain, Germany, etc. Instead I'll use some Nations that I enjoy playing in, that I have an idea at how the leagues work and also a Nation where winning the Champions League will mean something

So the 3 Nations I'll be using are:

Australia - Asian CL
Scotland - European CL
Mexico - North/South American CL

This save will start on Friday night when I start my 1st night shift and I'll post updates probably season by season or when I get a new job

I hope this is something people will be interested in. We don't see many FMT saves on here, if any so I hope people catch on and enjoy what will happen. Who knows I may actually win the European CL with a Scottish team!!!

If anyone has any feedback, comments or anything you would like to see me add to my posts then let me know, also if you have a better title then I'll take anything on board!

See you all very soon!!!

So I have my first job and its in the Scottish League Two with Berwick Rangers, season has just started and they are currently 4th afte 4 games. Lets hope we can progress quickly, get my reputation up and move to bigger and better things.

View attachment 203353
Here is the League Table, not bad really, the club are predicted to end 4th and Ill be more than happy with that for my first season in charge

View attachment 203349

The squad itself look prety decent as well

View attachment 203340

So this is my starting point, wish me luck! 'll post my next update at the end of the season

Last edited:
2015/16 Season - Berwick Rangers

So Season 1 is down and what a season it has been, after months of ups and downs we made it into the Play-offs for promotion to the Scottish League 1, we were always there or there abouts but after a couple of poor end of season results we ended 4th, this meant a 1st round play-off against League 1 side Albion Rovers.

And we managed to scrape through winning the 1st leg 1-0 at home and drawing the 2nd leg away 1-1, a great result against a far superior team

View attachment 203228
And in the final play-off round for promotion we would face Clyde, again the 1st leg was at home and it was a stunning result where we won 3-1, and although we lost the 2nd leg 3-2 we had won the tie 5-4 on aggregate and with that we were promoted!
View attachment 203227

What an acheivement at the first time of asking, hopefully this ups my reputation a bit and I can get some bigger and better job offers, if not this squad is definitely good enough to challenge for a play-off spot in League 1 in my eyes

Here is how the league table ended

View attachment 203226
And for everyone wondering, here is my tactic and instructions, pretty basic, I just wanted to control the game and keep hold of the ball, it worked well in most games but we did suffer quite a few 0-0s

View attachment 203225View attachment 203224

I did make a couple of transfers through the season. Both Rafa Malaga and Florian Moutet were fantastic towards the end of season and were one of the main reasons we went up. Rogers and Henry never got regular starts, but Mick O'Byrne was fantastic in defence with an avergae rating of 7.10 in 16 starts, including 2 goals.

View attachment 203223

So there you have it, season 1 is over and its been fantastic! Thanks for reading and Ill speak to you all soon, if anyone has any feedback or comments then I'd be happy to hear them

Sounds good to me mate,
Made a very good start at berwick, but you have defo got a long way to go before you get a scottish team to win the champions league.
Ill be following as im looking to get fmt after xmas (gota buy a decent tablet first)