Stev's Attacking Blis (Solid Defence & An Amazing Attack Force Combined)

• Thread starter Thread starter StevZen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 11K

StevZen

Reaction score
Hi my fellow FM-Baser's.

I have been working on many different formations in an attempt to create a succesfull tactic, and it seems that i have finally done just that (IMO)

Lets get straight to it!

Formation:
View attachment 213830

Instructions:
View attachment 213829

Tactical Breakdown:
As you can see the tactic itself is pretty attacking!
You have the 2 CB's (Ball-playing & Central). The 2 attacking wing-backs, who provides support on the flanks, when the 2 inside forwards cuts inside the field. Then you have the Defensive-minded CM who drops down to support the 2 Cb's. When it comes to the offence you have The Trequartista who is the main link of most attacks. The beforementioned inside forwards who cut inside to raise havoc at the center of the field. Then you have your typical poacher & the Complete forward. Now the complete forward has to be your most well-rounded striker, as he is pretty much an all-round guy in the attack.

Now even though the look of the tactic, is very attacking i have still managed to create a solid base at the defence, not allowing as many goals as i thought i would with such an attacking formation!

I could go on and on, but why do that when it all is down to the results?

So here are my results during my first season:

I actually did something i never had done before, and that was winning the league with 6 games to go!
View attachment 213832

The Fa Cup was also pretty amazing:
View attachment 213831

Now due to some reason i still can't figure out when i won the league with 6 games to go, my team wasn't that interested in performing as well as before, so i unfortunately ended up with some losses, but hey.. still reached the 100 point mark :) :
View attachment 213828
Now this is a pretty good example of what i mean by solid defence and amazing attack! 126 goals scored and only 30 conceded during the season! (my personal best :))

In the Champions League i qualified fairly easy from my group, so the only pics i will show from the CL is the knock-out stages:
View attachment 213833
As you can see i still score quite a few goals, with not that many conceded :)

Now here is an overview of all my matches throughout the season:
View attachment 213827View attachment 213826View attachment 213825View attachment 213824

I am all in all extremely pleased with the tactic, which lead my to an (fairly easy ;)) treble.

Now to finish it off, i will just show you the analysis of my tac:
View attachment 213823

Regarding my instructions for this tactic, they are as follows:

Pitch Size: Narrow/Small
OI: None
Team Talks: Ask Assistant
Match prep: Teamwork - High .. When fully gelled then switch to attacking movement - normal

I hope this tactic will bring yous as much joy as it has brought me! Any feedback is of course welcome :)

DL Link: Download Attacking Bliss (Man Utd, Apr 2012).tac from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

As a final word, i have not tried this with any smaller teams yet. I will do this asap! :)

(EDIT) I did try this tactic out with smaller teams, but it was not with the biggest succes.. So i must say to use this tactic, you must use one of the better teams!

Last edited:
looks really good, out of interest who scored most of your goals the complete forward or poacher? and did your trequartista and inside forwards score many?

:O .....ooooohhhhh!!!! you can win the treble with Man utd?!?!?!?

how can you do this ??!!?

-______-"

@Whenray: well actually Chicharito was suffered a broken leg, fairly early in the season which held him out for 6 months :( so half of the season i played him & the other half i played wellbeck :) put the stats is: Rooney: 54 apps - 34 goals - 18 assists .. Chicharito: 33 apps - 27 goals .. Wellbeck: 31 apps - 19 goals .. Van der vaart: 53 apps - 23 goals - 40 Assists!! :D Nani: 56 apps - 18 goals - 15 assists .. Young: 58 apps - 8 goals - 43 assists .. So all of the attacking players contribute in their own way to the tactic :) @eltjon: I knew this would happen :) as i also mentioned above i am going to try this out with a lower team.. Man Utd is just my fav team, with whom i love to create tactics.. heckling was of course expected, but you won't get me down :)

Why not upload your tactic instead of being sarcastic? all hes done is upload a tactic he owes you nothing, if you aren't impressed with him winning the treble with man united don't use the tactic, its that simple really.

@madmike: i play through steam, so my FM is always updated :)

Them goals and assists are pretty impressive, im gunna give this a blast sometime, not sure who with yet but i'll get back to you in a while.

Sounds good mate.. looking forward to seeing your results!

i can win treble using man utd, city, real, barca with the default tactic!

whe you play with the big of europe,you should put a tactic in a forum only if it is very very strong, like 100 gol in one season of one player (c.ronaldo, rooney,ecc9, or if your team ca do 150+ goals in a season, or something like this....

all IMHO.....peace!

@eltjon: i would very much like to see you do that then :)

i can win treble using man utd, city, real, barca with the default tactic!

whe you play with the big of europe,you should put a tactic in a forum only if it is very very strong, like 100 gol in one season of one player (c.ronaldo, rooney,ecc9, or if your team ca do 150+ goals in a season, or something like this....

all IMHO.....peace!

126 league goals and 100 points is surely worth posting on here, its never been done in the prem in real life i don't think so thats good enough for me, its a different more attacking looking formation that what you normally see so people can use this tactic to buy more flair players than normal aswell, which makes it more appealing to me. I've never understood people that have a go at others for uploading their tactics they are just trying to share their success with other people.

Probably gonna give this a go with Newcastle in a while, if i can pull myself away from my United game :P i must admit though, that i do think this tactic will work best with top teams, as it is very attacking :)

let me know if it works with newcastle as i am a newcastle fan, if you retrain cabaye as an acm he should do well as a trequartista in my opinion, hes been my best player whenever i have been them on fm12.

beginning the Newcastle game now :) will defo retrain cabaye as amc, especially after seeing him bashing in that free-kick agains my beloved united :p

beginning the Newcastle game now :) will defo retrain cabaye as amc, especially after seeing him bashing in that free-kick agains my beloved united :p

It was special wasn't it? haha hes awesome

Do You change anything for away games, for example if im Chelsea and im away to a big european team in the CL to i change to counter ?? or do i keep it at attacking?

Looks quite impressive, im giving it a go with Dortmund.

Back