Still getting crash dumps after changing graphics card

• Thread starter Thread starter duran2811
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

duran2811

Reaction score
I posted a while back that I was constantly getting crashdumps. I was told that after looking at my system that my graphics card was under spec. It was only 64mb so fair point. But I have upgraded my graphics card to an Nvidia geforce 210 which is 1gb, and for the first time since installing the graphics card I have yet again getting a crash dump. Any help would be great.

Hello,

Make sure your NVIDIA drivers are updated.

Try to open your NVIDIA control panel (look at your taskbar, look for NVIDIA icon and right click on it and click "Open NVIDIA Control Panel". While you're on your NVIDIA control panel window, go to Manage 3D settings. Look at the number 1 at NVIDIA 3D settings, you will see the list of programs that are already installed in your computer, look for Football Manager (if it is not there, you can manually browse it into your computer directories), after you find fm.exe, set it to "use global settings".

If it doesn't work, try to move your Football Manager folders somewhere as backup and install the new one.

It would help a lot if you can post your full specification of your computer and which directory you did install your Football Manager.

Thanks.

Also checked in the nvidia control panel. Looks like everything is set to use global settings. Fm is installed in my programme files (x86) folder.

Would that be what's causing the crashes? The fact it's installed in that directory which is 64bit. Is it worth installing in my other programme files which is 32bit?

Do you have any custom kits.logos.faces/skins loaded? You'll have to uninstall them all one by one, and then reinstall, play, no problem, install the next thing, play, and so on, till you find the thing causing the error.

Look in hte fm 13 techincal section for more help in the sticky thread.

Tried all that last time. Then got giving all these different files to copy and paste in to steam. They didn't work either. Then got told it was down to my old graphics card which was under spec. But new one has more memory and sports fm14. It's always dumps when I go to a player profile or add someone to my shortlist. Sometimes it can go weeks without dumping. But the last few days I seem to get 1 a day. Getting a bit hacked off with it now.

Go post your dmp file on the SI forum, the techs will look into the issue. There is a bug forum.

How do I find the full specs again?

Start Menu > Control Panel > System and Security > System
There you can see your computer specification.

If your problem still occurs, try to re-install your Football Manager or Install again your Football Manager and move your old Football Manager folder somewhere in another drive (e.g. D drive)

It seems like your Football Manager still detects your old video card as the main graphics. In most game, you have to re-install your game files after you change your PC specification, especially your graphic card.

If your FM can run with this method, you can remove your old FM folder.

You can tweet me to twitter.com/diospectre if you need fast answer and I will reply you here.

Hope it works,
thanks.

Back