Stockport County Challenge

County4life06

Reaction score
I'm working on a database where The Football League is as was in 1990/91 season, when Stockport County embarked on their first promotion since the sixties, I am going to try and make all of the players from every team in England's top 4 divisions, and the challenge is to try and better the successes of Stockport County, in 1991 they were promoted as Division 4 runners up and between 1992-1994 the club reached Wembley 4 times failing to win any of the matches, in the 1996-97 Stockport reached the Semi's of the Coca Cola Cup, the final of the autoglass trophy, the 3rd round of the FA Cup as well as finishing 2nd in Division 3 (League One) 5 Division 1 seasons followed with memorable victories over Man City en route.

The Challenge is that at this time County had no money and the building of the Cheadle End had sent the club spiralling into debt, in the early 90's fans were scarce at Edgeley Park and they were the **** of football jokes, what Danny Bergara did and Dave Jones did was a miracle, can you do better?

I have made this challenge and am just finishing it off I was just wondering would anyone be at all interested in it, so is it worth me uploading it.