Stoke City v Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Preview followed by live coverage of Monday's game between Stoke City and Aston Villa in the Premier League.

More...

Expecting a 1-0, possibly 2-1 loss today. Luckily Gabby's fit, he should give them problems. I can't help but feel pessimistic against Stoke away.

Stoke 1-2 Aston Villa

I see Agbonlahor's pace being key and I see him being successful getting a goal. Heskey to score the first goal of the game just to get my prediction right.
Stoke to score an equaliser, Jones. Then Gabby to bag a fine poachers finish.

yeh, not too hopeful. think we need 2 up top v Stoke and Young wide, not behind the lone striker. Hopeful I get a good stream as i'm out the u.k 4 another week so no sky!

Is Ireland fit?? Coker did well tho last game. Stokes wideman cud cause a few probs with their pace v Young/Warnock, but i'm glad there is no Beattie anymore

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Stoke 1-2 Aston Villa

I see Agbonlahor's pace being key and I see him being successful getting a goal. Heskey to score the first goal of the game just to get my prediction right.
Stoke to score an equaliser, Jones. Then Gabby to bag a fine poachers finish.

Heskey will not start, mark my words. I think just Carew up top, but I hope he plays Gabby too

Carew and Ireland are both doubts. NRC is a very good player who I rate highly. Hope he starts in a three man mid alongside Ireland and Petrov, with Gabby up top.

Cmon villa help sent stoke down and keep the in the bottom 3

SCFC 1 AVFC 2

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

coverage now on ss1 :)

There cant have been many Premier League games where neither manager is actually going to be there. :O

Hoping for a Stoke win but expect a bore draw.

Last edited:
hmmm Stoke will be desperate for their first points of the season. I'm going to say 1-1.

Continuing with the 4-4-1-1 I see. Fair enough, good to see NRC retaining his place. Defence looks solid, Albrighton's rested and on form, Agbonlahor's our talisman - only bad thing is Downing. Feeling more optimistic.

Although to be fair, I still expect a loss.

Last edited:
Back