Morrall

Reaction score
I am struggling with stoke. Any tactic I use doesnt work, I changed it up a bit and nothing improves, I take the advice of my assistant and nothing changes, I get tactics off places like here and that doesnt help. I am starting to go off the game now. What am I doing wrong? How can I start winning games. Does anyone have a tactic that is working with Stoke at the minute?

What exactly are you expecting out of Stoke? Are you thinking you should win every game? How are you trying to play? What is working and what isn't?

Stoke are not a top level side in terms of talent. Unless they have been significantly transformed, they have a reasonably talented Prem side that is likely to finish bottom half. So challenging for a title is always going to be unlikely. Its certainly possible for a side to over-perform, but only to a certain level.

Downloading plug n play tactics can work, but only so well as they may not fit your squad or your talent. Putting together a simple, straight forward tactic isn't rocket science. But you need to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Hi

So I do try keep the tactic simle butI a also try different thngs too. I have lost 7 games in a row and tried to change things up. If I am honest I am not great at tactics, in fact I a ****!

What tactic/instrutions would you use?

Well, Stoke are expected to finish 11th. But they have some clear squad problems. One, they have some injuries to key players. Two, they are a poorly constructed side at the start. Half of the squad is Pulis-type players - hard working players of more limited technical skill - and the other half is more technical but limited otherwise. They don't really fit any particular style at all.

If you are making constant changes and playing the full version of FM, it can create problems with Tactical Familiarity.

I would honestly just keep it simple. A 4-4-1-1 and a 4-1-4-1 DM with either a Flexible or Structured shape and a Counter mentality. You can play around with the player roles within that to tweak how it plays. Limit the Team Instructions. You should be able to keep a solid defensive shape while still having some teeth in attack.

Hi,

i play with stoke and finding it a decent save, don't win every game but coming into January im about 8th.

GK D - Grant (Butland now fit)

WB R - Johnson
WB L - Pieters
BP D - Indi
DCB - Shawcross

Regista - Allen
RPM - Imbula

IF A - Shaqiri
IF A - Arnatovic
AP S - Bojan

CF - Diouf.

I can take a SS later when im not at work if you wish?

pretty easy to finish in the top half and even europa league places shouldnt be a problem with stoke ive seen people win the league first season with teams like burnley on some tactics..they have fantastic technical inside forwards like shaqiri / arnautovic , just need some defensive depth and maybe a creative midfielder...something with inside forwards should work well maybe try http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361501-le-tigre-ce.html Le tigre by eriksen..I'd say on some op tactics champions league first season is easy like sunday morning