Stoke complete Jones deal

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Stoke have completed the signing of Trinidad and Tobago striker Kenwyne Jones for a club record £8M.

Sky Sports Breaking news..

Thoughts?

Meh, He's alright on his day..

Should do good for Stoke.

As a Toon fan, I love seeing the Mackems lose their players. Good signing for Stoke though.

Very happy that this deal is done. Now Welbeck can move to Sunderland on loan and get playing time.

Rory Delap throw.. Jones goals.

How many of them do you think we'll see?

Should be a good signing for Stoke, he is big and Strong like stoke like there players, plus they will not be chasing Cole now :), i can see stoke staying in the prem for a long time they dont spend allot of money but they usually spend it well.*

*Not including Kitson

Rory Delap throw.. Jones goals.

How many of them do you think we'll see?

60% of Stoke's goals maybe..

Should be a good signing for Stoke, he is big and Strong like stoke like there players, plus they will not be chasing Cole now :), i can see stoke staying in the prem for a long time they dont spend allot of money but they usually spend it well.*

*Not including Kitson

Kitson should come back to us IMO..

Over priced in my opinion, £8m for a player that has been inconsistent and not really a great goal scorer for Sunderland in recent seasons, I think he'll flop tbh.

Hope he doesnt though.

why does everyone rave about him 8 million why what has he ever done ?

Am i the only one who thinks hes ****?
Certainly not, I agree, he's done nothing amazing at Sunderland to grant this sort of transfer fee, so over rated.

with delaps long throws it could be a match winning signing. proberly over priced though.

i remember when we had him 7 in 7 for us and we could have got him for 500k now look....... :'(

good player strong and Rory Delap's throws will get him a few goals.

Great signing! 8M aswell, they've been hiding that away..

As mentioned before, Delap and Jones will be lethal this coming season!

Not an eight million pound player, but a good player.. I think he'll be good for Stoke.. If Jones and Fuller can create a partnership, I can see them doing well. Especially with fantastic crossers of the ball like Etherington, how many headed goals this season do you think?

didnt pulis say Delap would play less this season? seem to remember him saying that

Not an eight million pound player, but a good player.. I think he'll be good for Stoke.. If Jones and Fuller can create a partnership, I can see them doing well. Especially with fantastic crossers of the ball like Etherington, how many headed goals this season do you think?
I think that it will be Tuncay and Jones starting,

didnt pulis say Delap would play less this season? seem to remember him saying that

He probably said that but he wont stick to it only for Delap they would have been relegated in their first season imo, but if they dont start him now i thin they are now a good enough team to stay up.

Back