Stoke: European Giants?

• Thread starter Thread starter Treaders
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

Treaders

Reaction score
European Giants?

As Stoke approached there first season in europe, the news spread that had rocked the fans, Tony Pulis had resigned and became the new wales boss.
24 hours later, former professional footballer Nick Treadwell was appointed on a 2 year deal,

I walked into the office on my first day, the facilities were brilliant. I had a squad of some wonderful players, a squad that id decided on the night before,
The Chairman Peter Coates had already told me id have to sell to raise funds, i new i could make some money but i also had to keep some back for january,
During the window i added Chelsea's Josh McEachran on a season long loan and also sold a couple of fringe players so bring in some extra Cash

View attachment 214110

In the 3rd Qualifying round of the Europa League i was Drawn Against Moldova's Iscra Ribnita

Stoke 0-0 Iscra Ribnita

View attachment 214111

I began my time as manager with a frustrating 0-0 draw after dominating the game and having alot of possesion. Dispite the draw i was confident for the second leg.

Iscra Ribnita 0-3 Stoke

View attachment 214112
The return leg 6 days later was much better, we began like a rocket and stormed into a 3-0 lead which relaxed us and we progressed safely into the fourth qualifying round.

In the final qualifying round we were drawn against the czech republic's Mlada Boleslav.

We Began our league campaign away to the champions,

Man Utd 0-2 Stoke

View attachment 214113

And what a result! i couldnt have asked for a better start, we matched them all the way and thuroughly deserved the win,

Stoke 2-1 Mlada Boleslav

View attachment 214114

We Continued our impressive start to the season with a 2-1 home victory over the czech side, although i was disapointed to concede the away goal which ment the job wasnt done.

Stoke 2-1 Fulham

View attachment 214115
I was pleased with this result as it showed that the side can really dig deep, a fortunate winner late in the game that kept our run going.

Mlada Boleslav 0-2 Stoke

View attachment 214116
We Travelled to the czech republic and got the job done, we had made it to the group stage which had pleased the board and the fans were wishing for the european giants in the group stages.

Sunderland 0-3 Stoke

View attachment 214118
Another fantastic performance on the road which took us to 6 straight wins. i was pleased that the lads took there chances in a even game possesion wise,

Stoke 1-0 Aston Villa

View attachment 214120
We continued our great start with another 3 points, this was hard fought and were starting to show we can really compete in this division

Europa League Draw

View attachment 214121

A real Tough draw but one the fans were lookin forward to, and potentially could qualify wiith our current form.

Sturm Graz 0-2 Stoke

View attachment 214122
We Began our Campaign a confident 2-0 win, the club's confidence was sky high and were upstaging some of the giants.

Crawley 0-2 Stoke

View attachment 214123
Our Much changed stoke side ran out comfortable winners in the carling cup 3 round, in the next round we have been drawn away to fulham.

Stoke 2-2 Swansea

View attachment 214124
Our 9 wins on the bounce came to a end after a good fightback by swansea spoilt our 100% record, it left us in 2nd place in the league table at the end of september

View attachment 214125

Stoke 2-1 Psv

View attachment 214126
We Finished the month with a memorable win over european ginats psv at the britannia, that place rocks on euro nights, and were now top of our europa league group,​

October Update

I walked into my first proper meeting with the board, the room was fantastic, and the buffet table! wow.

View attachment 214577

After the meeting, i recieved thanks for the job i was doing and i began to think of the weekend with another big premier league game.

Wolves 4-1 Stoke

View attachment 214579

Our 9 game winning streak came to a huge hault as we were smashed at wolves. Fair play to kev doyle who was fantastic, but at the same time i thought we could have been better

Stoke 5-0 Norwich

View attachment 214580

What a response! our best performance of the season and firmly kept us in the top 6. We were impressive and we showed our class, the squad is performing well and making it hard for me to rotate.

Anderlecht 1-3 Stoke

View attachment 214581

Our trip to belgium was a huge game as if we could take anthing, we'd have 1 foot in the knockout stages. And as you can see we have had another fantastic performance, our experienced european players really are leading the way for us in this great run.

Everton 0-0 Stoke

View attachment 214582

For the first time this season we showed our defensive class to keep out a very good everton side, we frustrated and handled there aeriel threat, and we deserved a hard earn't point.

Fulham 1-2 Stoke

View attachment 214584

We travelled o fulham in the carling cup where both teams rested some 1st team regular's. both teams played well but after our great start we dugged in and defended well to progress to the quater final's where we are drawn away to west brom.

Stoke 2-1 Bolton

View attachment 214587

We finished the month with a home tie to bolton. It was proberbly our worst home performance yet we managed to grab the 3 points, so its another good month, and with only 1 defeat so far this season were looking good to stop up.

We ended the month in 5th place.

View attachment 214589

quality stuff pal, some great performances. you've got big games to go in the next few months though (arsenal, chelsea man city) so hopefully you can keep it up!
will be followign.

yes sammy, the realisation that i have city away and chelsea at home next kinda put a dampner on the great start.

November Update

Our fantastic start to the season had raised a few eyebrows in the press, with a lot of transfer rumours appearing in the papers. I new that this month was going to be the toughest for us having 3 tough league games,
we began with the visit of anderlecht in the europa league, with a win we would guarentee our passage to the knockout stages.

Stoke 1-0 Anderlecht

View attachment 214639

We did it! Weve progressed to the knockout stages, we now need just 1 point to win the group. Ricardo fuller scored the goal which set us up to visit manchester city.

Man City 3-0 Stoke

View attachment 214640

Unlucky, we played alot better than 3-0 suggested. it was a bit harsh but they are a class side,

Stoke 2-1 Chelsea

View attachment 214641

What a responce, a absolute fantastic performance with cameron jerome coming off the bench to score a great winner, our defnesive performances have been 1st class, although injuries are starting to catch up with us. 6 players including our 2 goalkeepers out long term.

Newcastle 2-2 Stoke

View attachment 214642

For the first time i can remember i had 2 get the hairdryer treatment out, we performed alot better in the 2nd half and unbelievabily grabbed 2 late goals to go home with a fantastic point.

We Grabbed 4 points out of 9 which im happy with when you see the games ive had. were it 6th place in the league

View attachment 214643

Next up is christmas, i have 2 european games, a league cup quater final and some tough away games that include spurs, asenal and liverpool. so stay tuned....

Unfortunately my computer has crashed and have had 2 re install fm,
thanks for everyone who has looked at this, i will be adding a new story in the week,
Can A mod please delete this,
Thanks alot.

Back