Stoke poised to sign keeper James

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 613

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke boss Tony Pulis reveals the club are in talks to sign Portsmouth keeper David James ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash with Liverpool.

More...

Would be a great signing for Stoke i think, He is a really good keeper and when Stoke play at home they are hard to beat. It will be even harder now.

why? sorensen has been one of their best players this season

A top european club have been after sorensen and we think he might want to go thats why i think :)

i'd say sorensen is better than james its just he might have to leave :(

sorensen is still world class though

Sorensen may be good but he is not world class. If i was thinking of the top keepers in the world he wouldn't be anywhere near my list.

Good take him. He's a worthless piece of **** who doesn't want to even play for the club. I'd much rather have Begovic.

Pointless if you ask me. They do not need him.

What is he now 39? He is a class keeper but surely this is a waste of wages.

Really? oO)
Yes. Begovic is class. If you actually watch James in matches compared to Begovic he's ******* awful.

James makes so many mistakes, doesn't pull off the amazing saves he used to do, and Begovic is much better and never makes mistakes.

Plus James is on **** loads of wages and is a waste of space.

isnt that piece of **** utaka on like 70k a week? hahaha

isnt that piece of **** utaka on like 70k a week? hahaha
Lol. Nah he's on like 30k. He's actually pretty good, but he can't finish and is a very inconsistent. If he could improve them two things he'd be pretty good.

ohh okay fair enough. I've seen him he seems all feet and no brain.

Max, you seem quite sore about the subject despite acting ok with it.

I agree that Sorensen has been one of Stoke's best players, which is why it's likely he is on his way out if they're looking at other goalkeepers.

Max, you seem quite sore about the subject despite acting ok with it.

I agree that Sorensen has been one of Stoke's best players, which is why it's likely he is on his way out if they're looking at other goalkeepers.
It's not that I'm annoyed that he's gone, I'm not really going to miss him. I just hate it when players get all moody at clubs and moan and whine so they can move. I hope he doesn't make it to Africa, I'd rather see Joe Hart or Robert Green tbh. I can't recall James giving any top performances this season in the 12 games he has played in, and last season he wasn't anywhere near his best either. He also lost us the Birmingham game in the last minute by giving away a silly penalty, so he's been a bit of a burden this season at the age of 39 on about 70k a week.

Back