Stopping Form Decay

• Thread starter Thread starter tomicman44
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

tomicman44

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I need assistance/advice. I am currently playing as Brighton in my save and am a comfortable top half prem team having 9th, 8th, 7th in my first three seasons in the league. This year I had battled to 3rd before losing two games against tough opposition and dropping to 5th. I then played Reading who were 18th at the time and lost 2-1 and played terribly so I called a team meeting to rally the troops and they all reacted positively then in my next game against Stoke I lost 2-0 and play terribly again. I know it's not my formations as they are working well. It's just my defenders stop being able to mark/tackle well, my midfielders can't pass and my strikers can't score because their morale has dipped to okay or fairly poor. Is there an effective way to boost morale or get players with bad morale to play well other than team meetings?

Hi Everyone

I need assistance/advice. I am currently playing as Brighton in my save and am a comfortable top half prem team having 9th, 8th, 7th in my first three seasons in the league. This year I had battled to 3rd before losing two games against tough opposition and dropping to 5th. I then played Reading who were 18th at the time and lost 2-1 and played terribly so I called a team meeting to rally the troops and they all reacted positively then in my next game against Stoke I lost 2-0 and play terribly again. I know it's not my formations as they are working well. It's just my defenders stop being able to mark/tackle well, my midfielders can't pass and my strikers can't score because their morale has dipped to okay or fairly poor. Is there an effective way to boost morale or get players with bad morale to play well other than team meetings?

can you give us more info on the set up of your side:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html

based on that please.

Passionate - I have faith in you - for every position before the game and at HT if you're not winning, works like a charm...

can you give us more info on the set up of your side:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html

based on that please.

Sorry the reason I didn't add information on my formations and such is because I didn't want advice on the tactics side of the game but on the mental/morale side of the game i.e. team talks, talking to players and press conferences. My Board Expectation is Top Half Finish, I don't know if that would make a difference to the way the team reacts. Down to 6th after those results above.

You may not want advise on tactics but ... Most probably your woes are a result of your tactics and opposing teams reacting to them. Either introduce a new tactic or slightly change the one(s) you employ.

You may not want advise on tactics but ... Most probably your woes are a result of your tactics and opposing teams reacting to them. Either introduce a new tactic or slightly change the one(s) you employ.

I'm sorry by giving the context of my save I probably gave the impression that I wanted people to give me a complete and comprehensive review of my team/game, I don't. This is not a "I just can't win" or "What am I doing wrong" thread. I just wanted to ask a single question about the game unrelated to the match engine or team tactics about mind game techniques. I wanted a universal answer that might help me in the future in this and other saves. If I change my formation I'm just going to have to ask again next time this happens.

Sorry the reason I didn't add information on my formations and such is because I didn't want advice on the tactics side of the game but on the mental/morale side of the game i.e. team talks, talking to players and press conferences. My Board Expectation is Top Half Finish, I don't know if that would make a difference to the way the team reacts. Down to 6th after those results above.

They go can often hand in hand. For example you might not want to try a complicated technical game while your team is lacking in confidence, i would play more defensively,go a bit more direct, grind out wins. Be a little less harsh in my team talks.

This also comes down to the personality of your players, which is why i try to go out of my way to have strong mental characters in my team, especially through my spine.

Thanks I will try this when I get home tonight :-)

I might use this when I'm struggling haha thanks!

Hopefully it works for you guys it doesnt get a reaction from everyone but usually you will get a positive reaction from 6+ players...

And it always works for my CF...

Try not to use it every match because it might start to lose its 'jazz' or 'mojoe' ha

Hopefully it works for you guys it doesnt get a reaction from everyone but usually you will get a positive reaction from 6+ players...

And it always works for my CF...

Try not to use it every match because it might start to lose its 'jazz' or 'mojoe' ha

Just out of curiosity what tactic do you use?

Just out of curiosity what tactic do you use?

I dont use any of the mods tactics if thats what your asking...

I use a control 4231 for most games and a counter 4411 if Im a bit worried about the opposition or trying to close a game out...

View attachment 290257

This is the last screenshot I took of it, it has changed slightly as the season has gone on but I eventually managed to win the league with it...

Passionate - I have faith in you - for every position before the game and at HT if you're not winning, works like a charm...

I tried your suggestion in the last two games of the season and drew with Liverpool Away which is a good result in my game because they are a top 4 team and then I destroyed Man Utd 4-1 at Home which is an amazing result considering they have won the league every year in my game and had only conceded like 9 goals all season. Thank you CDXtreme for a great suggestion :-), I would recommend only using this to get back to form and then switch back to your normal style so they don't get used to it. Unfortunately I still only came 6th in the league but I got Europa League next year. ps Weird how CDXtreme understood the question and gave a great answer while everyone else just had a go at me for apparently not asking a question correctly :-)

Back