Westy199

Reaction score
I have experimented using a 2-3-2-3 tactic on my Newcastle save recently and I must say it has worked wonders. I play a short passing game, and dominate in possession in most games. I got Newcastle (who were expected to finish in the bottom half of the table) up to third, but I just wanted to know how I can stop losing against teams I should be beating! Although beating the likes of man city, Man u, Chelsea and arsenal I have lost against teams such as Blackpool! Are these just a part of the game or what! I use mostly the same tactics every game, just rotating players around, so please tell me where I am going wrong. Losing against these teams is often preventing me going top of the league!

the most likely problem is that your players are getting complacent. So at HT, and going into games, give them some tough love. Make sure they're not complacent.

I would consider playing more industrious players. Take for example Manchester City of last season, they grounded out results by dominating midfield with the help of Nigel De Jong, James Milner etc. and Manchester United have had players such as Darren Fletcher, Roy Keane, Ji-Sung Park etc. these players give 110% and relish the opportunity to play the game in a more robust manner, something that all squads need to have in their locker...just to change things up a bit and to stop being predictable or to be over run by more aggressive sides.

Its not all about tika-taka football

More importantly, it's football-these things happen just like in real life.

But anti-complacency is pretty vital.

Sometimes, you need to tell them to aggressively expect to win on games you are odds-on favorite, give the hair dryer treatment to them who are complacent so that they will buck up. :)

yeah i am in my 4th season with liverpool and in my 2nd season i finished 2nd so i bought de jong from man city and i won the league in my 3rd season

I'll buy de Jong in the summer, if he wants to join, and hopefully win the league next year :)