Stopping the downward slide

• Thread starter Thread starter waywardzzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 744

waywardzzt

Reaction score
My team started off with fantastic form. I'm playing LLM and after getting promoted twice in a row I was pegged for relegation. Instead, at the halfway point of the season I was 12 points ahead in first place despite not having the finances to make any significant roster upgrades (only a few loan players).

Maybe my team was playing better than it was supposed to, but the 2nd half of the season has seen me struggle. I'm struggling to hit goals. My players are struggling with being nervous. Teams are shutting us down and controlling possession. Even the last time I tried to have a team meeting the captain pretty much stopped it at the start and said "these aren't very effective."

Do you all have any advice or suggestions for how to break out of poor form? With 15 games left I'm in 2nd place and 5 points below first place Oxford (L2). Change tactics or team talks? Stuff like that? Individual talks or trying to change the roster?

Could still use some help. My team is unraveling down the stretch, still ignoring my team talks, fighting each other, losing discipline, and there is nothing I can do.

last four results:

1-4 loss.
0-3 loss at home to the team in last place
0-3 loss on an own goal and two penalties, both resulting in red cards
0-2 loss

edit: and add to that another 0-3 loss. whew!

somehow I'm still in contention for promotion, but this slide is beyond baffling. I have never seen anything like this in the time I've played FM.

Last edited:
Back