• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

alexmaza53

Reaction score
View attachment 247425
Wenger Walks Out, Mazaheri Marches In
View attachment 247424
After 15 seasons at the helm Arsene Wenger has finally called it quits, the last 6 trophyless years have been his most testing and it seem's the pressure has finally got to the nutty prof. Out of the blue a press meeting was scheduled at Arsenal's London Colney training ground for 3pm today which got the rumours buzzing. And by 3.10pm Arsenal fans (well some of them) worst nightmares came true. You could forgive us for thinking the worst had come but the board had merely scratched the surface with the announcement of Wenger's resignation. The real bombshell was his successor, quite clearly the board had anticipated this as they have put their new man in charge instantly, and as if their limited financial backing over the last few years hasn't angered the Arsenal fans enough, they have now gone and put a man with no professional playing or coaching experience to his name in charge of what is one of the biggest clubs in European football. The atmosphere in North London is fractious and we can only offer Alex Mazaheri our greatest sympathy.

Ok I have never done anything like this before but i have wanted to do one for quite a while. I will start really getting into this tomorrow, constructive criticism is encouraged. Thank you

hi mate- good luck, following :)

would you follow my story: 'manchester united- the next generation' please?

cheers

Cheers man. yep i have already looked at your's as i needed tips and i will continue to follow :)

Mazaheri Meets the MediaView attachment 247427

There was a really eerie and tense atmosphere as the journalists waited for some sort of movement. As Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood emerged the room lit up. Camera's flashing and reporters barking, one could only imagine the nerves Mr Mazaheri was feeling back stage. Hill-Wood started "The first thing i would like to say is that we as a club understand the fans disappointment in losing the most successful manager in the clubs history, it is a loss for us here and the Premier league as a whole. But one man's loss is anothers gain and i would like to assure each and every one of you that this is not a rushed appointment, we were not expecting Arsene to step down this season but it has always been Arsene's and indeed our own idea that Alex would take over when Arsene called it quits. Although he hasn't got any official experience to his name i firmly believe he can be a success at this club and we would ask you all, instead of grieving at Arsene's departure please, and i re-iterate this, please devote your time into giving Alex your full support and i assure you he will be able to provide what every fan wants, trophies."

A few seconds after that the room erupted as the mystery man was finally exposed. Alex Mazaheri strode confidently out to his seat after shaking hands with Peter. Without even introducing himself nodded to the first journalist

"Afternoon Mr Mazaheri, Tony Roberts from Sky Sports News here. You arrive as Arsene Wenger Departs, Do you feel under any pressure replacing the most successful manager in the clubs history?"

"
Well Tony, I am confident i can do this job, i never would have taken it if that wasn't the case, sometimes pressure is a good thing to work with, it teaches us something we never knew about ourselves."

The room fell silent, few thought that this man would be so charasmatic and confident. Within seconds the room erupted again Mazaheri nodding to another.

"Lisa Mendes, Lodon Evening Standard. How excited are you about working at a club where the facilities are amongst the best in world football?"

" I've been around the training ground and the stadium many a time so i'm familiar with how great the facilities are, I am more excited about giving the fans what they deserve"

"In terms of players, some fans have voiced for the so called 'dead wood' to be shown the exit doors, do you have an idea of which players are in your plans?"

"
The term dead wood is slightly harsh, there are players who want to move on and players who i will be looking to move on, the only thing i can assure you is that by the start of the season every single player in my squad will be giving 110% for this club"

"Wesley Hutton here, Kick Magazine, Are you happy with the set-up at the moment? how involved do you intend to be with the running of the club?"

"
The club has a solid backbone which is great, the backroom staff are people i am familiar with and have great quality and experience so i want to keep that backbone in place but also add my own tweak, This job requires sacrifice, it is a round the clock job i don't have set hours. Arsenal is my life now and i intend to be involved as much as time allows me to be."

"Martin Rowlands, Daily Mirror, Are you looking to bring any players in? do you have any targets?"

"
The clubs finances are great, i'm sure the fans will be happy to know i have been given a healthy amount to spend on incoming transfers and that is something i am looking to press on with."

"And what would you say your tactical approach to the game is?"

" It's all about what people want to see, people come to football matches to be entertained and with ticket prices as high as they are and with the economy in the state that it is, i will certainly be looking to ensure every single person goes home satisfied."

"Bill Underwood, BBC Sport, No trophies for 6 years is a long time for a club like Arsenal, Are you confident you can deliver?"

" At the end of it all, trophies are what a manager is judged on. I've been around this game long enough to know nothing is set in stone, if i sat here and told you i can guarentee we will win a trophy this season i would be lieing, the only thing i can assure you of is that me, the players and everyone involved with this club will fight tooth and nail to get silverware in the cabinet."

Peter Hill-wood then whispered into Mazaheri's ear and that was it. No more questions, he shook a few hands and left the room.

really good so far mate :)

who have r u thinking of signing + who u got 1st game of the season??

Cheers. Well i have about £50 million to spend, I need a cb, rb, 2 cm's and a winger. I have put bids in for quite a few players, you will have to wait and see ;)

July
Pre-season results:
Arsenal 4-0 Arsenal Reserves
Arsenal 1-1 FC Porto
Arsenal 2-0 Rochdale
Arsenal 3-0 Colorado
Arsenal 2-0 Santos
Arsenal 2-1 Brescia
Arsenal 2-2 Cagliari
Arsenal 1-0 Sassuolo

View attachment 247553View attachment 247554View attachment 247555View attachment 247556View attachment 247557View attachment 247558View attachment 247559View attachment 247560

Summary
Arsenal pretty much strolled through pre-season with 6 wins and 2 draws, One thing manager Alex Mazaheri will be concerned about is the chances created to chances converted ratio. His Arsenal side are playing some wonderful football but failed to finish off teams. The manager and fans will be hoping this is just a result of pre-season rust or the new members of the squad gelling.

Who's Hot?
Marouane Chamakh - With 5 goals, 2 assists and 3 MoM performances Chamakh has had a great pre-season and is looking like the player who scored goals for fun at Bordeaux, He is certainly pushing Robin Van Persie for the starting birth upfront.
Aaron Ramsey - 2 goals and 2 assists for Aaron Ramsey along with some top notch performances, Aaron Ramsey has shown he has what it takes to fill the void left by former captain Cesc Fabregas and the injury to Jack Wilshere.
Bruno Ecuele Manga - A new signing brought in by Mazaheri for £8 million from FC Lorient has only featured in one of Arsenals pre-season games but certainly made an instant impression by scoring a brace from Centre back.

Who's Not?
Andre Santos - A signing made by Arsene Wenger before he resigned and has looked very shaky at left back, some unconvincing defending and a low work rate hasn't done anything to help his cause.
Wojciech szczesny - Mazaheri has kept faith with Szczesny although that may come back to haunt him, the giant pole has looked less than convincing in goal and has frequently bundled simple shots and crosses throughout pre-season, only time will tell whether Mazaheri sticks with the young stopper, looks to number 2 Fabianski or brings someone else in.
Adel Taarabt - Came in for £5.5 million from newly promoted QPR the Moroccan has talent in abundance, unfortunately his attitude does not match his skill and has looked uninterested in pre-season putting in very little effort. Will Mazaheri be able to get through to him and turn him into the Arsenal legend he could be, Or will he be another infamous flop.

Transfer Update
Mazaheri certainly hasn't been reluctant to add to his squad bringing in 7 new faces. Amongst those are Adel Taarabt and Bruno Ecuele Manga who have both had opposite effects since joining. Joe allen has also been brought in from Swansea for £5.5 million, Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona for a cut price £1.7 million. In addition to those Mazaheri has stuck with the Arsenal policy of bringing in youth and Yaya Sanogo, Sime Vrsaljko and Thorgan Hazard (younger brother of Eden) have all been brought in. In terms of departures only one player has left permanently although Mazaheri has hinted that there could be 1 or 2 more who will be shown the door. Almunia left for his homeland Spain and joined Espanyol for £1.9 million. Meanwhile Oghuzan Ozyakup, Benik Afobe, Jernade Meade, Martin Angha and new boy Thorgan Hazard have all left on 6 month loan deals to the lower tiers of English football in search for regular action.

good luck
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

Back