JamieT567

Reaction score
May 17th 2010-

Champions League Final

Barcelona FC Vs Manchester Utd

champions-league-final-2009.jpg

As i walked out onto the pitch, the cold air hit my face. 100,000 fans screaming for us, i felt like the world was on my shoulders. I was the captain for the match as Carlos Puyol was injured, as the camera crossed past our faces i tried to keep a stern look on my face, when truthfully i was a nervous wreck.

Winning ment everything to the Barcelona fans, it meant everything to my team, and even more to me. The whole game could be decided upon 1 mistake, i felt like i had one of the most important roles as CB next to Pique.

I gathered the team in for a Huddle to get them rared up for the game, the whole team were raring to go, firing on all cylinders and pumped up for the game. As i casually walked to my spot on the field i felt a little pain in my right knee, i didn't think it was anything so i carried on as if nothing had happened.

We are 30 minutes into the game here at Wembley, and Barcelona are being dominated by one of the best Man Utd teams i have seen for a while, Man Utd Win a corner.

I was tired, the sweat dripped down my face as i breathed heavily. Man utd had dominated us, they now had a corner.

Nani is lining up to take the corner...he whips it into the middle..but a solid header by Portuguese international Luis Fernandes ensures it gets no further....Fernandes has stayed down...

As the corner swung in a jumped in as high as i could and with as much power as possible...i won the header...i fell awkwardly on my right knee...i felt like i had been shot, the pain seared up my right knee...this was worse than i had ever felt before, i reached down to my knee...i brought my hand back up and i was horrified to see blood..

Fernandes looks to be in alot of pain, the physio is coming on to take a look at him.

The physios ran on and instantly told the manager i would need to be taken off, My teammates gathered round and were horrified to what they had seen...my eyes suddenly started to close...i felt dreary and tired..i couldnt handle it...i passed out.

Luis Fernandes is being taken off, he looks unconcious and this looks like it could be bad.

i woke up in a hospital bed, i still had the pain in my leg, i was out of my kit and in a hospital gown. I called a doctor to ask why i was here, he told me i had suffered a sever break in my leg and had torn crucial ligaments and various hamstring pulls.

I picked up the paper next to me and took a look at the date.. May 18th...the day after the final, on the cover was a picture of my team celebrating with the cup...we had won..my eyes peered to the bottom left of the cover where there was a circled picture...i was on the ground, a close up of my knee, the bone was sticking out, it was horrific to look at.

May 19th 2010-

I had just woken up in the morning as the doctor and the manager walked in. They told me that the injury i had sustained was serious and i am lucky to be alive, they said i had lost pints of blood.

I was then told by the doctor...i could never play football again...my career was over... i felt a lump in the back of my throat...I felt like crying...i felt suicidal..my career in football over nothing left..everything gone...or was it?