Joey_Holder

Reaction score
Basic History

I started a saved game where I would start unemployed and would take any job that came, and try to build up a reputation. Within months Oxford approached me where I managed to achieve 100% win rate in the 4-game stay at the club. After a terrible start to their season, West Ham United had sacked Allardyce. Considering I had started with Professional Footballer history, I didn't really see myself landing the job, especially as Alan Curbishley was out of a job and looking for work. To my surprise, and probably to the annoyance of Oxford F.C., I was offered the West Ham job until the end of the season where my performances would be reviewed. Needless to say, I snapped their hands off at the offer.

Expectations

When I got to West Ham, they had been in some terrible form, losing games to Cardiff, Brighton, Ipswich, Peterborough, Leicester and Hull amongst others. I set myself a target of at least play offs, considering the talent I had available, despite lingering around lower mid-table.

Current Squad

Unfortunately, I took this job late, so I missed the transfer window. This means I couldn't control the loss of some good players, and even worse, the signing of bad players.

Players In:
Nathan Delfouneso - Loan, 3 months
Nano - 300k
Vegard Forren - 2.8mil
Michael Tonge - 1.6mil
Jone Samuelson - 2.3mil

Players Out:
Jack Collison - 4.7mil
James Tomkins - 3.2mil

As you can see, two of my best players were allowed to leave for very little fees, and none of the players bought in had any real quality. Forren is probably the best centerback at the club now, but isn't the shade of Tomkins.

Goalkeepers:
Robert Green, Marek Stech, Ruud Boffin.

Rightbacks:
Guy Demel, Joey O'brien.

Leftbacks:
George McCartney, Herita Illunga.

Centerbacks:
Vegard Forren, Winston Reid, Abdulaye Faye, Matt Fry.

Right Midfielders:
David Bentley, Julient Faubert

Left Midfielders:
Matty Taylor, Nano

Center Midfielders:
Mark Noble, Kevin Nolan, Samuelson, Papa Bouba Diop.

Strikers:
Carlton Cole, Sam Baldock, John Carew, Fred Sears, Frank Nouble.

Will give a more in-depth view of the squad soon complete with screenshots.

Last edited:
Nice read, will subscribe to the thread to keep an eye on it, Will you be leaving this club if a slightly better club offers you or are you going to stick out for a little while?

Nice read, will subscribe to the thread to keep an eye on it, Will you be leaving this club if a slightly better club offers you or are you going to stick out for a little while?

Well being a Hammers fan I can't see myself leaving any time soon, especially if I can gain instant promotion. Doesn't mean they won't sack me though!

December

Okay, so after looking through the team I've noticed three or four key players that I would need to look to get the best out of;

David Bentley - Probably the best player in the squad. Excellent creative attributes (Passing 14, Crossing 14, Technique 14, Creativity 15) as well as very good set pieces. Would have preferred to play him in a center midfield role, but his positioning there is only competent, and I already have other good options there, so I decided to play him wide right. Not a modern day winger due to his low speed and dribbling skills, his work rate and determination meant he could play in a four man midfield that would attack together, and defend together.

Mark Noble - Very good, young English player with high work rate and stamina attributes. He also possesses good mental attributes for his age, and his technical skills are very balanced. He would be my work horse, closing down the opposition, winning the ball back, and spreading it to the wide men. Partnering Kevin Nolan in midfield works well, as it allows Nolan to make those runs into the box where he gets most of his goals.

Carlton Cole - England international striker looks as good as he was in previous games. Very strong and good in the air, especially against players of lesser ability in the NPower Championship. Not as much of a direct option as Carew, but all round offers a lot more to the team. Has a good first touch (14) and good feet (dribbling 13, Flair 13) meaning he isn't just someone to aim at, he can play football and bring others into play as well. Would need a strike partner.

Sam Baldock - Was very surprised to see this guy in the reserves. A rather expensive signing at 1.8m and although he has boundless potential, his attributes are far better than other options (Fred Sears, Frank Nouble, Fredric Piquionne). Is a very quick player, works hard and knows how to finish with an impressive 13 rating at only aged 22.

After reviewing the players and listening to what my assistant has too say, I decided this would be my strongest eleven;

GK: Robert Green
RB: Guy Demel
LB: Herita Illunga
CB: Vegard Forren
CB: Matt Fry
RM: David Bentley
LM: Matty Taylor
CM: Mark Noble
CM: Kevin Nolan
ST: Carlton Cole
ST: Sam Baldock

I kept things basic with a 4-4-2 formation as it is easy for players to become comfortable with through match preparation, and plays mainly to my strengths of getting the ball wide, and providing delivery to Carlton Cole.

More to follow.

December Continued

Now the team has finally been decided, it was time for my first game, Barnsley away. They hadn't won since the opening game of the season, and they have picked up more points away than at home, so I felt confident. We ran out comfortable winners, 4-1. The game was as good as over before half time, where it was 3-0. Goals came from Baldock, Cole, Forren and Lansbury. Throughout December results were impressive as we went unbeaten. Wins at Coventry, Crystal Palace and Reading helped us climb to 12th position. Overall December was a good month, as the squad were playing well, and the fans had picked up on this at the monthly board meeting. January promises to be a good month as I plan to replace some dead wood.

More to follow.