Strange contract negotiation

• Thread starter Thread starter glennk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3K

glennk

Reaction score
Hi,

I play with Wolves in season 5 and have moved some good steps on the reputation ladder, by winning EURO Cup and finishing top 5 in the PL the last three seasons. I am currently 1st in PL in January.

Arsenal tried to purchase a player of mine and offered one of their transfer listed players as part of payment. When I offered him a contract he demanded a wage of 68k EUR per week. That was totally nonsense and I offered him a more sensible 42k per week, which in fact was a bit more that he earned at Arsenal.

Of course the negotioation broke down after a couple of turns and the deal fell apart. Some days later the guy signs for relegation candidate Aston Villa, managed by a crappy manager, for a weekly wage of 34k. Is that really normal?

He demands 68k from me, but signs later for a lesser club for 34k. No matter what they offer him for loyalty bonus that kind of game behaviour is just strange.

What do you think?

Yeah, this happens all the time.. AI somehow negotiate players to accept wages lower than they earn at their current club yet when you offer a player even £1,000 under his wages they reject you. Grrr. :(

Wages are an issue in FM12.

Had a player demanding 150,000 USD per year (I'm a lower club)

I transfer list him and he was surplus and I didnt want to give him that money.

He signs for a new team for....43,000 per year....

I find that if you offer big loyalty and agent bonuses players tend to sign for low wages. But since I really hate giving money to these blood-sucking fee-demanding willing-to-tout agents, I tend to overpay wages a little

I find that if you offer big loyalty and agent bonuses players tend to sign for low wages.

This

I'd much rather give a player and his agent big signing bonuses than have them draining 1-2m every month

This does happen a lot. Sometimes I think it's the AI in the game knowin you have money to spend so they try to do you over.

However as someone else has said it is better to sometimes offer low wages and high appearance money, ESP if they are not first team players. A friend of mine does this and claims it works well.

This has happened to me tons of times more when the agent has very little patience for negotiation. But I never accept high wages if I think they aren't worth it.

A good way to go is possibly the appearance money route and always offer the agent more money first and drop the player wage this works like a treat often.

You stay classy......

Deffinatley a glitch on FM... whoever you are managing, you will be taken to the cleaners in contract negotiations by players, only to find out he has accepted a deal like 20k a week cheaper..

really is rubbish

I think it might be a glitch, but I may be able to explain.

He might, as being part of a deal, as not really wanting to join your club, due to playing opportunities etc, so might have put in a ridiculous offer as to not get the move.

I think it might be a glitch, but I may be able to explain.

He might, as being part of a deal, as not really wanting to join your club, due to playing opportunities etc, so might have put in a ridiculous offer as to not get the move.

Even if he is very interested it is still the same, don't understand it at all!

Yes, it is strange, you can come up with theories about why that would happen, they can even be plausible, but overall the game just does wonky things like this a bit too often

Hopefuly in next years game they will sort this out. It is totaly stupid somtimes. I've offered huge agent fees and loyalty bonuses before but as soon as the weekly wage drops 1 k below what they are paid currently the negotions break down.

Hopefuly in next years game they will sort this out. It is totaly stupid somtimes. I've offered huge agent fees and loyalty bonuses before but as soon as the weekly wage drops 1 k below what they are paid currently the negotions break down.
That normally works for me. Suppose its just what the AI is thinking on the day

I had Van Persie hitting 32, so he was past it. And just for the sake of him being a legend and a decent backup I attempted to give him a new contract. But he wanted £120,000 week. I reject it and release him. He then signs for £14,500 a week to a Dutch club.
It's weird how old players who know they're past it want a lot of money.
But then I had Mertesacker who from 30 onwards started the negotiation with lower wages then he already earned. Wages need fixing for FM13.

I had Van Persie hitting 32, so he was past it. And just for the sake of him being a legend and a decent backup I attempted to give him a new contract. But he wanted £120,000 week. I reject it and release him. He then signs for £14,500 a week to a Dutch club.
It's weird how old players who know they're past it want a lot of money.
But then I had Mertesacker who from 30 onwards started the negotiation with lower wages then he already earned. Wages need fixing for FM13.

I don't think I have ever seen that. Players asking for more realistic wages when they get older. They usualy ask for the same or more but with ultra short 1-2 year contracts.

you people have missed the most important part. Relationships!! if the players agent has a good relationship with a manager his player will move there for less money. Ive had agent "Awe struck" and wages then are so low

Back