strange results

• Thread starter Thread starter varkdm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

varkdm

Reaction score
Hello,

I've played a few previous football manager games, but one thing that always put me off was that I would be doing really well in a season and then suddnely suffer a total collapse, where no matter what I did, I would just keep losing games. Even against sides struggling with relegation. I noticed a few posts on forums in the past with people having the same experience, where it felt like the game had just set a losing streak for you and nothing you do as manager will make any difference at all.

I have feeling ive just encountered something similar in this game and im wondering if the game still throws these random experiences that you cant do anything about at you?

In my current game my team is on a 12 match unbeaten run (an even mixture of wins and draws). They are due to play an away game against the bottom of the league team on a 9 match losing streak. Moral in my team is high and they are well versed in their tactics. A couple of my midfielders need a holiday but i lack the players to replace them at the moment due to injury.

The other team moral is rock bottom and all the pre-match analysis says they dont stand a chance to win. I have a savegame just before this match, lost the first one 1-2. Then tried again, switched tactics etc. 0-2. Switched again, changed players around - 1 - 2. And so on, ive replayed the game 5 times now and each time I lose. It's gotten to the point where i can predict where in the match the opposing team is going to score within a second of it showing the action on the pitch. My team talks are good - getting widespread positive reactions at the start and half time team talks. I cannot think of anything else i can change to even get a draw with this team. Just by law of averages I should have at least drawn or won now. Is there anything I can do or have they included the "game has decided you are going to lose, so just take it and move on" feature in 2012 as well?

Hello,

I've played a few previous football manager games, but one thing that always put me off was that I would be doing really well in a season and then suddnely suffer a total collapse, where no matter what I did, I would just keep losing games. Even against sides struggling with relegation. I noticed a few posts on forums in the past with people having the same experience, where it felt like the game had just set a losing streak for you and nothing you do as manager will make any difference at all.

I have feeling ive just encountered something similar in this game and im wondering if the game still throws these random experiences that you cant do anything about at you?

In my current game my team is on a 12 match unbeaten run (an even mixture of wins and draws). They are due to play an away game against the bottom of the league team on a 9 match losing streak. Moral in my team is high and they are well versed in their tactics. A couple of my midfielders need a holiday but i lack the players to replace them at the moment due to injury.

The other team moral is rock bottom and all the pre-match analysis says they dont stand a chance to win. I have a savegame just before this match, lost the first one 1-2. Then tried again, switched tactics etc. 0-2. Switched again, changed players around - 1 - 2. And so on, ive replayed the game 5 times now and each time I lose. It's gotten to the point where i can predict where in the match the opposing team is going to score within a second of it showing the action on the pitch. My team talks are good - getting widespread positive reactions at the start and half time team talks. I cannot think of anything else i can change to even get a draw with this team. Just by law of averages I should have at least drawn or won now. Is there anything I can do or have they included the "game has decided you are going to lose, so just take it and move on" feature in 2012 as well?

Basically the AI will get used to your tactics if your playing the same one over and over, its generally a good idea to have 3 tactics loaded up having them all fluid, that way it will be alot harder for the AI to get used to the one tactic your using.

Thanks. I do have 3 tactics they are versed in and ive been rotating between 2 of them from time to time. I did try the 3rd that they are well versed in but ive never actually used yet and and still got beaten.

If this is the case, that the AI gets "used" to your tactics then beats it every time.. then what is the point in including the feature about getting well trained in your tactics? It's supposed to make your team better, not indicate how likely the AI is to beat you.... isn't it?

Back