Strengthen Newcastle squad

• Thread starter Thread starter Mikey_V
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1K

Mikey_V

Reaction score
Just finished my first season with Newcastle came 5th after Liverpool just knicked my Champs league spot :S. Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on who to sign.

My first team is:

GK- Asenjo
RB- Beye/ Santon
LB- Jose Enrique/ Mattock
CB- Taylor
CB- Coloccini
DM- Barton/ Zuculini (Still young)
MR- R. Taylor
ML- Duff
MC- Guthrie
ST- Owen/ Aquino
ST- Seleznyov/ Xisco/ Martins

I'm on 9.3 and have budget of around 18mil so any good ideas appreciated, thanks! :D

you got a pretty good team for 1st season

try to sign sakho our fazio our both to strenght your center back

Cheers mate heard a lotta gd things about those 2, do ya think I need to strengthen midfield as well?

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:45 PM ----------

Anyone any other suggestions?

New Centre Half to replace Coloccini, new right winger to replace Taylor, new left back.
Couldnt say who coz I tend to play lower leagues so not up to scratch with some of the players around.

It's hard to say without more information, screenshot of your squad would help to see what are your backups are like? Also how did your players perform? Did you conceed lots? Not score much? Who got assists? ect ect ect

With 18m your looking at maybe 1 star player (Fazio for example) and a couple of young players for the future to act as backups.

First thing to do is check the transfer list, see if there's any bargins to be had. What sort of value can you get for the current starters who you might want to replace (Duff/Guthrie/R.Taylor ect) as might be worth selling them and bringing in a new player and a young future to act as backup.

replace duff and Guthrie.

If u want to keep it english then keep guthrie for another season and sign delph and slowly rotate him in then sell guthrie next season...if not look for a player like inler to bring in.

replace duff and Guthrie.

If u want to keep it english then keep guthrie for another season and sign delph and slowly rotate him in then sell guthrie next season...if not look for a player like inler to bring in.

Did exactly that m8, I bought Buonanotte and sold Duff, I also bought Dzagoev to go centre mid but will be keeping Guthrie, any ideas for a good right mid m8 for about 6M to replace Ryan Taylor ?
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11112
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11112

Not sure you'll get that much of an upgrade for 6m, so I'd play Santon RM to get him more games. I play him there for Boro and even with limited number of coaches he's gained lots of points because he's playing nearly every game.

(edit: i was a month early)
After 6 months he's improved:
+1 Work Rate, Pace, Agility, Acceleration, Dribbling, Decisions, Off The Ball, Tackling, Marking, Corners, Penalty Taking, Heading, Concentration, Crossing.
+2 First Touch, Strength, Anticipation, Positioning, Team Work, Creativity, Long Throws, Technique, Passing, Composure, Free Kicks, Finishing.
+3 Stamina

Maybe can save that money for the next transfer window and buy a star like Sanchez, Marquinhos, Balotelli or Teixera. Just noticed Nani is Unhappy in my game cos not getting enough games, see if there's something like that in your game and a bid might make them want to leave.

If really want to bring someone in now you could try Kalouda, 21 year old captain of Czech U21s. Witsel is probably out of your price range but is flexible where he can play and will score goals. Amrabat is a good creative player, also flexible in position.

Last edited:
I've got a 9M budget now, is there any decent RM's available for that price or should I keep playin Santon.

my.php

my.php

Back