Strictness on following the insructions

• Thread starter Thread starter m160k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 754

m160k

Reaction score
So, i have been playing this game since i can remember. And i feel more and more, that the match engine is terrible. Terrible, i tell you. The players doesnt follow my orders.

If i instruct them to attack the center but the opposition doesnt mark my wingers, my idiots will keep passing the ball to the flangs, so the wingers runs at a dead end.

If i instruct them to play as patiently as possible, all the players on short pass, no risks, overall instruction to possession, low tempo and so on, there are a specific formations, against which my players will play as if i told them "go as much direct as possible". This **** happens a lot, if i dont play an attacking midfielder. Then, when the ball is in one of my central midfielders, he would launch the ball to the forward or the wingers, instead of being patient and trying to form a moving triangle with the other ****** in the center and 1 of the fullbacks, or the halfback beside them. It is ridiculous.

Also, there is still no way to make my wingers STAY AT THE WING. No, as soon as the ball gets in the opposition half, they would start moving central, towards the penalty area. Which they are not supposed to do, as they are WINGERS. With all the instructions to stay wide and stuff.

Also, this instruction "play out of defense" is completely overriden by "pass into space" instruction. I mean, if i can still select play out of defense, even though i pass into space - there should be difference, right? But no. Better just disable it, if pass into space is selected, it is pointless now.

I can go on and on, but i just dont see the point. I am really starting to hate the match engine. It would be so so great if we can just specify the strictness of the instructions. Currently they are no instructions but just like... proposals... or something. **** that.

- I don't like the openness either, but have you thought about concentrating your play through the middle, can suck everyone IN, meaning the only space is wide?

- That's very, very likely you setting the passing range extremely short and there's no one within that range, which causes the hoofed balls.

- AML and AMR players will narrow in the final third. This is intended behaviour although SI did concede that maybe it should be possible to instruct players not to. If it's an issue, what's wrong with a ML/MR?

- Depends. You're giving them licence to try more risky passes, so they may just do that. Depends on the actual tactic though.

- I don't like the openness either, but have you thought about concentrating your play through the middle, can suck everyone IN, meaning the only space is wide?

Altough i dont want passes to the wing, i still want 1 man there. Because that forces the opposition to keep a man there also. This frees space in middle. It is part of the Guardialo "isolation" philosophy.

- That's very, very likely you setting the passing range extremely short and there's no one within that range, which causes the hoofed balls.

That is absolutely not the case, trust me.

If it's an issue, what's wrong with a ML/MR?

It is simple - they stay too deep and participate in the buildup. I dont want them to. I need them to stretch the field - vertically and horizontally.

Back