Striker issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sefiruso
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

sefiruso

Reaction score
I can't seem to get any striker to hit the back of the net regularly. I had Falcao score just 5 goals in 28 PL games luckily he got 17 goals in the CL, FA Cup and Capital One Cup to keep his record respectable.

Now i make a serious amount of chances my poacher Falcao currently Leandro Damiao and Aguero as an advanced forward Suarez and Balotelli are my back up. Damiao/Falcao hit the bar off nearly ever cross or head it over from 5 yards and Aguero/Saurez miss 2 or 3 CCC a game.

View attachment 282357

Above is a snap shot of what usually happens in my games tbh I'm winning and doing fine just having my strikers hoovering around the 7.00 mark all season grates on me.

Any idea's how to get them to put chances away i've tried slowing the temp down so they take there time but that's not worked.

Or is this just the ME being awful and i need to just put up with it?

Reckon it must be a bug chap. Or just Suarez. Created seven CCC in one game and didn't score a single one. Other side only had three shots all game (two of which were from all of 40 yards) and scored twice.

Yeah i think that's what makes it worse the opposition always seem to take a good 80% of there chances while I'm there scooping the ball over the bar from 5 yards :P

Really annoying when you get a good system working and a player with 20 heading 19 composure can't score a header from 5 yards out.

Guessing the patch that fixes the ME bugs might fix this slightly.

I found that it depends on the role the striker is playing, for example a DLF will often have his back to goal and pass the ball rather than turning around; TM also is caught offside a lot.

What works for me to get some goals from strikers is playing them as Poacher.

Also Strikers are probably the most well marked players :)

I can't seem to get any striker to hit the back of the net regularly. I had Falcao score just 5 goals in 28 PL games luckily he got 17 goals in the CL, FA Cup and Capital One Cup to keep his record respectable.

Now i make a serious amount of chances my poacher Falcao currently Leandro Damiao and Aguero as an advanced forward Suarez and Balotelli are my back up. Damiao/Falcao hit the bar off nearly ever cross or head it over from 5 yards and Aguero/Saurez miss 2 or 3 CCC a game.

View attachment 282357

Above is a snap shot of what usually happens in my games tbh I'm winning and doing fine just having my strikers hoovering around the 7.00 mark all season grates on me.

Any idea's how to get them to put chances away i've tried slowing the temp down so they take there time but that's not worked.

Or is this just the ME being awful and i need to just put up with it?

The ME shows no bias towards anything other than the attributes you feed into it.

A common mistake is to radically overhaul your tactics, philosophy, staff and squad when you take a job. Look at QPR. Make changes and you require time for the situation to gel.

Make sure your PPM's are apt. Don't have strikers blasting the ball, get them placing shots and running onto deft killer balls.

Back