• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 773

Joss

Reaction score
Arsenal.com

Jay Simpson joins Hull City

Striker Jay Simpson has today signed for Championship side Hull City, ending his long relationship with the Gunners having joined its Academy aged nine.

Jay (21), made three first-team appearances for Arsenal scoring two goals, both in the 2008/09 Carling Cup competition. He also has the honour of being the first player to score a hat-trick at Emirates Stadium in the 2007 FA Youth Cup against Cardiff City.

A popular face around Arsenal, Jay gained invaluable experience out on loan over the past three seasons. Last term he impressed at QPR with eight goals in his first 15 games. In 2007/08, Jay spent the campaign with Millwall and performed superbly to be awarded the League One 'Player of the Year' accolade. The striker also had a spell at West Bromwich Albion during the 2008/09 season.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Jay the very best in his future career.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pity that he never lived up to his potential.. was the first player to score a hat trick at the Emirates, in the Youth Cup final against Man Utd. It's been very tough for Jay, having to compete for a place alongside Walcott, Eduardo, RVP, Adebayor, Bendtner, and this year Chamakh, as well as some of the most exciting academy players such as Wilshere, Watt, and Giles Sunu. He's a sort of worse Theo Walcott from what i've seen. Naturally, i wish him all the best for the future at Hull, where he will hopefully have a much less stressful, and more successful time.

All the best Jay, just wasn't quite good enough to be in the first team. :wub:

Did well at QPR on loan and can now start afresh at Hull.

Good luck.

He's a very good young player, did well in the Championship last year and should get into Hull's team very easily, can't imagine there a was much in terms of a fee involved though.

he scored twice for the big team in the 08/09 carling cup against wigan​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzRpfw1fPNA"]YouTube- Arsenal vs Wigan in the CARLING CUP 11/11/08 (ALL THE GOALS)[/ame]​

Last edited:
What was the fee mate and wish him the best as he looked a real talent

Undisclosed i expect.. Not very much, wait for the papers/BBC.. to pick it up :)

EDIT: And nice goal by the young lad against Wigan. Nice one Calum (Y)

The fee was agreed somewhere in the region of 1.2 million a few days ago with a few different clubs he just had to agree terms with one of them and decided on Hull, Alittle gutted myself as i wanted to see him at Leeds but them be the breaks, He's still young and should do well at Hull though.

:D:D:D I actually cant belive it he has always been one of my fave youth players and has now signed for my team? Well chuffed! ^^)

Back